Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Valentine Hearts a simple kid friendly treat

Super Member pastimesquiltdesign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Valentine Hearts a simple kid friendly treat

I am always looking for things to cook with my 3 year old grandson. This is definitely something he would love to help make. Only takes a few minutes and 3 ingredients: flour tortillas, melted butter, decorating sugar crystals.

Name:  P1012398.JPG
Views: 1782
Size:  878.7 KB

Fold the tortilla in half. Cut a large heart shape. You can cut another heart about 5/8" in from the outer edge and then another small one. You can make a scalloped edge if you like. Use your imagination and make them however you want and whatever size you want. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper or waxed paper. Place hearts on the sheet. Melt butter in microwave
    and brush generously over the top of the hearts. Sprinkle with decorating sugar crystals. Bake at 350 degrees for just a few minutes. The longer you bake them, the crispier they will be. Peggy
    Happy quilting to all of my new friends on the quilting board http://pastimesquiltdesign.blogspot.com

Cute and easy!

How fun this seems to be! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
    God, Wonderful Family, Great Health, Awesome Friends, Quilting & Chocolates - - What more could a girl be blessed with!!

How fun and simple.
    Patimint

Watching it snow here on the High Plains Desert of Western Colorado
    easy peasy thanks for sharing ! sent that one onto the grands !
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Thanks for sharing. We are going to visit the grand kids and will try them.

Blog Entries
    This is a cute idea. I have a 4 yr old and 15 month grandchild and this would be a fun thing to do with the 4 yr old grandson. Thanks.

Super Member pastimesquiltdesign's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie R View Post
    This is a cute idea. I have a 4 yr old and 15 month grandchild and this would be a fun thing to do with the 4 yr old grandson. Thanks.
    I let my 3 yr old make them yesterday when he was here. He had so much fun I sent him home with the cake sprinkles so he could make them again.
    Happy quilting to all of my new friends on the quilting board http://pastimesquiltdesign.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing - would be great with a variety of cutters for any holiday! Plan to try with my 5 year old granddaughter.

Thanks, I have my 5 year old Granddaughter one day a week.....we will be trying these.
    Penny aka PLS 1946