Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
What I made for Christmas >

What I made for Christmas

What I made for Christmas

Old 03-06-2008, 06:55 PM

Miranda, you're right, the picture does NOT do them justice...they were adorable. Some of the guests took them home with them because they said they were too nice to eat...haha and they were men! lol
Old 03-07-2008, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by live2teach
Miranda, you're right, the picture does NOT do them justice...they were adorable. Some of the guests took them home with them because they said they were too nice to eat...haha and they were men! lol
Thanks! I thought they were better than the pic was telling. I couldn't help feeling a wave of panic and dread when someone would try to bite one of the ears off or pull the mouse apart! It was all I could do to smile and not gasp! LOL! (it's like that with my creations, though...BUT that's what they're FOR! TO EAT! LOL!)
Old 03-08-2008, 05:13 AM

Buttercream...how absolutely cute your Christmice are. How creative you are. May I borrow your idea for next years candy making class that I give at our church every Christmas and Valentines? These would make super placecard holders for kids parties or about any get together. Cute, cute, cute! Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers
Buttercream...how absolutely cute your Christmice are. How creative you are. May I borrow your idea for next years candy making class that I give at our church every Christmas and Valentines? These would make super placecard holders for kids parties or about any get together. Cute, cute, cute! Thanks for sharing.
SURE! It wasn't orinally my idea, anyway. I would add some decoration around the base of the mouse to give it a more finished look. I wanted to pipe some buttercream holly and berries around the mice. It might also look better if you remove more of the cream and just leave it under where the mouse will sit. ??
Let me know how they go and share pics! :D ENJOY!
Also be prepared to have plenty because everyone wants a few to take and share with others!
Thanks for the compliments!
Old 03-08-2008, 09:56 PM

Very cute & I bet they are tastey too!! Thanks for sharing!