Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
What's for dinner? >

What's for dinner?

What's for dinner?

Old 02-22-2016, 05:55 AM

Sunday dinner: pork roast( in a real oven) with roasted potatoes and carrots ( not frozen, fresh), salad with butter lettuce, spinach, green onions, tomatoes, black and kalamata olives, and bottled Olive Garden salad dressing- my "new" fav. Then dessert was my concoction of 2 layers of graham crackers with chocolate and vanilla instant pudding swirled as filling, topped with cool whip-what else! Now I won't have to cook for days, just dig out all those leftovers....
Old 02-22-2016, 06:34 AM

My husband and I have lately been making our own flat bread pizzas. We buy the flat roll bread, white or wheat, top with pesto sauce or spaghetti sauce, then add mushrooms, spinach, feta cheese, mozzarella, and some times, broccoli or kale - whatever we have in the fridge. Bake for 10-15 minutes and enjoy. They are quick and easy, and we can each put on what we like.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:02 AM

I consume a McD's chocolate shake when experiencing a migraine, I think the cold helps along with the ice bag to the head.
Who would think McD's foods as medicinal!!!
We use store bought rotisserie chicken for chicken salad or chicken and noodles.
I also boil the chicken carcass for broth for the chicken/noodles
Also Bob Evans mashed potatoes for our chicken and noodles. So much easier for just the two of us.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:22 AM
Power Poster

Sometimes for lunch if I'm by myself and even if DH is home, I'll take a big sweet potato and bake it like a regular potato. I rarely season my potatoes anymore. So I top it with broccoli, cauliflower and shredded carrot and a dollop of sour cream. If I eat it plain and cutting back on the salt and fats, I'll squeeze a lemon on top. Maybe a small salad or diced cooked chicken for another topping.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:22 AM
Power Poster

I had a DiGiono pizza last night. LOVED the new pineapple and ham.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:31 AM

Don't have a Wendy's near by -- DH likes their chili (my system can't stand that much spice). Had grilled ham and cheese sandwiches for dinner yesterday. For fast food we do corn dogs or Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches -- either one with carrots. Also like the Trader Joe's chicken pot pie (it works for two of us). I also have a freezer full of soups and chili in 2-serving sizes. When I have a lot of energy I make a big pot then freeze it. We eat the chili with sour cream and cheese. I'm going to try a white chili with the Costco rotisserie chicken that they take off the bone for me -- have not done this before but DH loves different chilis.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:47 AM

Red beans and tasso with rice. Good ole Southern dish. Real yummy.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:43 AM

We are doing good old Chili and corn bread tonight. Just too worn out for anything more involved.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:24 PM

crockpot pork chops, rice and green beans
Old 02-22-2016, 04:29 PM

I had an easy cooking night. I made homemade Cincinnati style chili over spaghetti and left over veggies from the last couple of nights. I had the chili in the freezer so I only had to warm it up and cook the spaghetti. Very crazy day today at school and I was exhausted.