Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Any ideas for Easter lunch/dinner for 18-20 ? Waht are you having for Easter lunch/dinner?

Five of my children are in the church choir and they will need to go to sing at both the early and late service. I think lunch will be at 3 or so. Any ideas for a meal that is festive yet will not do me in financially and time wise? Several of us have allergies so we make everything from scratch but I can adjust recipes no problem. Unfortuantely because ham is seasoned that is out for us. I have no problems not serving dessert and letting adults and kids a like have the plastic Easter eggs with candies. LOL Any items I could make ahead might be nice too.

Could you share what you are doing?

Blog Entries
    Why don't you fix chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes, corn, dinner rolls and a dessert.

Cassroles

also now I am surfing to see if I can help you find some meals on a buget for Easter.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/menus-ho...-easter-dinner

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    Why don't you fix chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes, corn, dinner rolls and a dessert.

Casseroles

also now I am surfing to see if I can help you find some meals on a buget for Easter.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/menus-ho...-easter-dinner

Blog Entries
    I love making home made chicken or beef and noodles for family gatherings. It holds well and everyone loves it. A salad and bread and you have a complete meal :D:D:D

Afternoon brunch or a fancy meal? Egg allergies??

Waffles/pancakes
    Crepes - make ahead & warm up
    French toast casserole (made ahead of time)
    monkey bread
    hash browns
    Fresh fruit salad
    breakfast pizza

I wouldn't even have a CLUE!!! I sure don't envy you. I don't have a clue what we're having for Easter lunch and dinner. LOL I absolutely HATE to cook and clean.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Since you are in CA where it is warm, maybe do a nice chef salad. You could put the basics out and put extras on the side for everyone to choose as they see fit. Kind of like a salad bar at home. Most salad things can easily be done the day before.

Im making reservations! No way am I making a big dinner for just 2 people, lol!

Why not make a turkey dinner with all the trimmings? Yum! It's good any time of year.

How about a la carte.....
    ....a platter of buns
    ....a platter of lunch meat
    ....a platter of sliced cheese
    ....a green bean casserole
    ....a cold noodle salad
    ....deviled eggs
    ....bbq beans
    ....pigs in a blanket
    ....nacho platter
    ....cupcakes
    ....quiche or 3
    ....relish tray
    ....chips and dips

....hope this may help..... :)

if you were near WV I would tell you to head to Tamarack for their easter buffet which is always fantastic - it's a ecca for all WV crafters (must pass a juried selection to display there) but they also have food prepared by chef's from the world famous Greenbrier hotel - anyway, the food is fantastic - maybe there is something similar near you and reservations sounds like the way to go for a time contrained group such as yours.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter- Not all of CA., is sunny and warm. The predicted high today is 39, right now it's 35 and a couple inches of snow is predicted. LOL

I have a wonderful chicken/pasta that I do for crowds or small groups...it freezers well and is very versitile as far as ingredients to make it as pretty and fancy or plain as you like. That with some fresh veggies and a salad and no one goes away hungry.

Blog Entries
    Our family does pot luck. We have 18-20, and it works out great.

Blog Entries
    Yep...I am in usually warm Bakersfield...today is 59 degrees and raining. April showers....and all that!! :-)

what about baked potatoes with all the fixings . . . anything goes. the basic toppings, then broccoli, tomatoes, green peas, red onions, etc. on and on, it can be a never-ending potato bar. a meal in one!

Blog Entries
    I am having 15 for Easter dinner. Ham, macaroni salad, 3 bean salad, deviled eggs, pork and beans, coleslaw, rolls, coconut cake. Everything but pork and beans can be made the day before...no stress when everyone comes. Just enjoying day with family and friends.

Coconut cake!!!!! Please share that recipe. LOL Pitifully enough I am so allergic to ham we can't have that. Everyone is making me hungry. Keep them coming. It is helping.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbie1
    I am having 15 for Easter dinner. Ham, macaroni salad, 3 bean salad, deviled eggs, pork and beans, coleslaw, rolls, coconut cake. Everything but pork and beans can be made the day before...no stress when everyone comes. Just enjoying day with family and friends.

A huge Taco Salad bar is always fun as is a potato bar. We are having Hamburgers, baked beans, potato salad, a veggie tray or two and desserts. Oh & chips & dips. There will be about 30 for ours.

My daughter hosts Easter Dinner and each year we have the traditional(for us) Rabbit! She serves mashed potatoes and gravy and of course carrots. We have develed eggs and chocolate pudding for desert. I know it sounds bizarre but we have a great sense of humor in our family!

ROFL Very unique. I haven't had rabbit/hare for years.

Quote Originally Posted by darlin121
    My daughter hosts Easter Dinner and each year we have the traditional(for us) Rabbit! She serves mashed potatoes and gravy and of course carrots. We have develed eggs and chocolate pudding for desert. I know it sounds bizarre but we have a great sense of humor in our family!

The tradition at my house is to have the first bbq of the year on Easter. We have bbq chicken, potato salad, baked beans, and deviled eggs.

I'm really looking forward to potato salad later this month!!

Blog Entries
    What about cornish hens? Those are very lovely when served and they are great for the holidays. I make them when I want something special.

Cheesy Potatoes...you can put that together the day before and refrigerate.

The baked potato bar is a great idea... we normally make a slow cooked or smoked pork butt, have red rice, black beans, and tortillas /salsas for tacos.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast