Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wonderful! Baked Cauliflower

Blog Entries
    I tried this recipe last night. My hubby didn't like it. I just can't wean him off of the frosted cauliflower. He loves it made that way. I try to cook healthy for him, but 3/4 got tossed into the garbage. At least he got a good report from the doctor last week. I'll have to keep him healthy in other ways I guess. Some men are so stubborn!

Can you share the Frosted Cauliflower recipe? Need to have other cauliflower recipes to try.
    Thanks, Alpha

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha39
    Can you share the Frosted Cauliflower recipe? Need to have other cauliflower recipes to try.
    Thanks, Alpha
    Sure, here it is.

MICROWAVE FROSTED CAULIFLOWER
    1 med. head whole cauliflower
    1/2 c. olive oil mayonnaise
    1/4 tsp. salt (I leave this out)
    1 tsp. onion powder
    1 to 2 tsp. prepared spicy mustard
    3/4 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
    Paprika (opt.)
    With knife remove woody base from cauliflower. Leave whole; wrap cauliflower with paper towels. Stick under the the faucet in the stream of water and soak the paper towels. Place cauliflower with wet paper towels in a microwave bowl. Cook cauliflower in microwave for 10 minutes. In 2 cup glass measure mix mayonnaise, onion powder, salt and mustard. Mix together well. Frost on cauliflower like icing a cake. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Microwave (high) for 1 minute until cheese melts. Sprinkle with paprika. Serves 4 to 6. Impressive and easy! Teenagers love this recipe and request it!!! Excellent reheated the next day.

mim
    Sorry -- while I was writing, you posted it -- thanks -- Mim
    Yes -- please post the recipe -- I've never heard of it -- and we love cauliflower -- I just need more ways to cook it -- Mim
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha39
    Thanks, Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine
    Love cauliflower. Going to try this recipe soon. Looks like it would be good for dieters. Thanks for recipe.
    I agree - can't wait to try it!

Sounds great! Thanks so much!
    Alpha

Oh, does that sound good! Thank you for the recipe.

mim
    I made the first recipe for dinner tonite. It was really good. We had it with fresh haddock fillet and salad.

The grocery had a special on cauliflower. Isn't it great when the store has what you want on a special sale?? I bought 2, and later in the week I will have the frosted one.

Mim

Thanks to both of you for the recipes

I have a question...it says sprinkle remaining bread crumbs over top. How much out of the 1 cup of bread crumbs do I reserve for this step?
    This looks so yummy!
    Thanks!
    Nancy

mim
    I rolled the chunks in the crumbs -- I don't have any olive oil so I used melted butter and rolled the cauliflower in it and then in the herbed crumbs. I baked it for the same time and temp. I did add a bit of water in the baking dish -- I use heavy pottery and find a bit of liquid helps. Hmmm -- I wonder if a bit of chicken broth on the cauliflower instead of butter would have served the same purpose to hold the crumbs?? and for fewer calories -- I am trying to lose.
    Mim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast