Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • Yorkshire Pudding >
  • Yorkshire Pudding

• Yorkshire Pudding

Old 08-12-2015, 06:49 AM

So,,,I am fascinated with this thread. Will want to try doing this....saw pics...look like really puffy muffins...as they were made in muffin pans, but then one mentioned Yorkshire pudding pan...so I went to amazon to check up out. What I saw leaves a question in my mind....the y/p pan has four sections, very shallow as opposed to muffin pans ...so what happens to the batter as it rises? I must be missing something....
    Old 08-12-2015, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Yooper32
    Ah, yes, Made it in the "good ol' days" when I could afford a standing rib roast.
    And now here are only the two of us, even though it is delicious, just not worth the trouble, Now at 8:11 AM Arizona time, ya'll have made me hungry!!
    Old 08-12-2015, 07:18 AM

Okay, now that you have peaked my interest in Yorkshire Pudding, will some of you with tried-and-true recipes please share?
    Old 08-12-2015, 08:47 AM

We had it made into toad in the hole which is sausages in batter/Yorkshire lugging baked in the oven and served with mashed potatoes veg and gravy. Inexpensive meal for a family back then. Always with roasts too.
    Old 08-12-2015, 12:36 PM

I have heard the name before but I always thought it was a dessert. Silly me! lol I'm going to look it up & see if I can get a recipe. I'm always trying to figure out something different to eat. This sounds yummy!
    Old 08-12-2015, 03:18 PM

AZ Jane... just go to the shop and find a package maybe Knorr or whatever.... all the ingred. are in there... heat up some oil.... make them in a muffin tin and yummy! No problem... I ate them all myself.... (I am very watchful of my weight and keep active BUT.... if I was left on a desert island with only one food....hmmmmm)
    Old 08-12-2015, 08:32 PM

We actually make ours in a square pan, like 8 or 9 inches. Just dump the popover batter into the hot drippings and bake. The edges puff up more than the middle, but it's all delicious. I usually put a good amount of drippings in the pan, put the pan in the oven to get the drippings really hot, then pour in the batter.
    Old 08-13-2015, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B
    So,,,I am fascinated with this thread. Will want to try doing this....saw pics...look like really puffy muffins...as they were made in muffin pans, but then one mentioned Yorkshire pudding pan...so I went to amazon to check up out. What I saw leaves a question in my mind....the y/p pan has four sections, very shallow as opposed to muffin pans ...so what happens to the batter as it rises? I must be missing something....
    It will (and should) rise but you get the shape of a bowl rather than it taking over the pan. You need to have your grease scalding hot before you add the batter and this will make sure they are crispy and the right shape... nothing worse than a soggy bottom
    Old 08-13-2015, 09:34 AM

Roast beef and Yorkshire pudding accompanied by roasted potatoes and carrots plus gravy every Sunday growing up. Yorkshire pudding was always done in a 9x13" cake pan. There were plenty of the tender middle pieces for all of us. I didn't even know it was usually made in muffin tins until I was in my mid-twenties. I ordered it in a restaurant and was REALLY disappointed. Too crunchy for me and the centre was not tender at all.

Now I'm hungry.
    Old 08-16-2015, 09:30 PM

I have tried it many times before!