Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Remarks on Babylock Allegro machine >

Remarks on Babylock Allegro machine

Remarks on Babylock Allegro machine

Old 05-11-2024, 07:08 AM
Power Poster

I get better results using a walking foot on my Juki then using the built in feed on my Bernina. It all comes to which machine you feel confident in using. Sitting down to sew and praying the machine doesn't mess up again is not how sewing should be.
Old 05-11-2024, 07:09 AM

Do they offer any Jukis? My Babylock dealer offered one model of electronic Juki, which I bought and love, even though it has tons of stitches I will never use (I needed a top-loading bobbin, so I couldn't go with the straight stitch machines).
Old 05-16-2024, 04:22 AM

Just an update…I ended up getting the Allegro and it seems to be working well. No tension issues like the Jazz II. The man who services machines at the LQS said he hopes they never get anymore Jazz in stock because they have always been a problem. Doesn’t speak well for Baby Lock but I hope my problem is finally resolved. Thank you for your imput.
Old 05-16-2024, 05:12 AM

So glad to hear it ended well.

Old 05-16-2024, 07:45 AM

I have the Janome 6600 Memory Craft. I have had it for 8 years -never been to the shop, I just clean it myself. When I first got the machine, I returned it to the dealer 3 times. He said that's enough, gave me a brand new 6600 Memory Craft. That is the one I have had for 8 years with no problems. He said he was going to send the first Janome back so they could figure out what was wrong for it. Good service there. So maybe you just got a lemon the first time and the next one will be fine. Kind of like cars, sometimes you get a lemon.
Old 05-16-2024, 09:36 AM

My Janome MC6600P has been wonderful. It's only gone to the shop for servicing in 14 years. I clean it often and so it has only gone a few times. it's truly a work horse. My Viking Topaz n20 started acting up after about 5 years. I took it to the dealer and he made a similar offer that he would give me full credit for my machine too upgrade. Told him I would think about it, took it another dealer/repair shop. $300 later he gave me my machine back saying it should last about 10 years now that it was all set back to the correct factory standards and updated. He said, "Let me guess, he offered to sell you a newer machine." This new guy sells high end machines but he also is a repairman and loves to fix machines.