Thread: Cody's Dragon
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 05:29 AM
Carla P

Thank you very much... I'm glad y'all like it.

I originally made it to represent the abundance of "organized chaos" going on in our home at the time... we were replacing (this went way beyond a remodel) our kitchen completely- floors, cabinets, appliances, etc. At the same time, exactly the same time, we were having hardwood floors put in the living room, hall, & closets joined to the hall. I felt so out of control in my own home; so many strangers in and out, nothing was where it belonged and 3/4 of it was in my sewing room... but I had a path to my sewing machine! :D I didn't have any room to lay this out, so I made a small flannel board, put a couple of those binder clips on it, & hung it from some stocking holders on the mantle. There was a lady working for the company that laid the tile in the kitchen; she came in & saw it hanging there from the night before (the incomplete top), and thought I was making a purse- said she loved it, wanted one, blah, blah, blah. When I explained that it was going to be a little wall hanging quilt, she smiled politely, & went about her business. When the crew returned 2 days later, it was hanging on the flannel board completed. (I was still trying to decide if I liked it or not.) One of the guys noticed it & called her in to see it; she went nuts over it, admitting her initial doubt over a "little quilt to hang on the wall...". Then she asked if I would make one for her, asking how much I would charge, etc. I told her I wasn't sure, but I'd let her know. I made it while they were here over the next 2 days, never telling her my intentions, ditch quilted it, and gave it to her before she left. (She was speechless & cried. I smiled, holding back tears myself, & told her that was all the thanks I needed, and I didn't charge her- I never intended to.) The ditch quilting added a very interesting design element to the back. Anyway, "Organized Chaos" was originally to be the name, but, what's in a name? :lol: