View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 06:26 AM
stefanib123

Look what hubby brought home last night! Three little kittens!

My husband is an underground coal miner. There had been this cat running around up there for the last year. It was wild, wouldn't let anyone touch it or even get near it. So, the miners would leave food for it, and all the miners started bringing cat food for it.

It winds up pregnant, and still won't let anyone anywhere near it. It has the kittens. They looked everywhere for them, and couldn't find them anywhere. She was a wiley mommy, she hid them well.

Fast forward a 4-5 weeks and the kittens started coming out! She had them down inside this concrete block like thing. They found 6 kittens.

Ok, now here's the funny thing. They found another mommy cat ran over in the road in front of their mines. They looked and looked for her kittens and couldn't find them anywhere.

A few days later, they go back to try to see the kittens, and there were 10 kittens now! They think that mommy cat #1 got the dead mommy's kittens and is taking care of them!

The kittens were eating good, so they all decide to take them home. My husband got 3. BUT, they are TINY. I think they were too small to take from the mommy, really. Two of them are eating great, like little pigs, the other one is really skittish and isn't eating at all. I'm going to try a dropper with milk, and see how that goes. It may be sick, poor thing.

The little white one is so TINY! Its about a fourth of the size of the other two. Its so sweet, its played with me all morning! They've(the kids) named it "Diamond", because coal turns into diamonds. Poor little thing was covered in coal dust when they got here.

Now, I've got to find some homes. I can't keep them all 3! But, I really want to, lOL!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-93001.jpe