View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 08:26 PM
twistedsheets

I agree this was not an appropriate response from your dad. I am not making excuses for him especially if this has been his true nature all his life but as our folks get older their personalities change due to illness and medications they are taking. Due to heart attacks and strokes and the onslaught of medications I saw my parents personalities change from heckle to jeckle. And darn near anything could cause the sudden change, often they were never even aware how hurtful and resentful things they would have not normally said in their right mind became. My parents were both loving and tho sometimes off the wall they never intentially said things that would have caused such hurtful feelings , so I forgave them knowing they would have never said or acted out in such ways before the changes in their health that caused the downslide of their mannerisms! I lost Dad in Jan 1992 and my Mom recently in May 2010. I miss them both very much, not the way they were before they passed but the real personalities I grew up and shaped my life from! those are the people they would want to be remembered for!!