View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Bewitching_Stitcher

Originally Posted by seweasy
Hi! Bewitching Stitcher, Thank you much for the sample of the border. I printed it out so I could put in my quilt scrapbook. Its amazing what EQ can do. I bought EQ5 second-hand from someone who wasn't quilting anymore. I went through the books and learned how to do quite a few things but have since forgotten alot of it because I don't use it enough. I'm primarlily a grment sewer/machine embroiderer who likes to occasionally quilt.
I have several questions, when you were putting the border together, did you do it in strip sets or any particular order to put it together? Looking at the diagram, I wondered
if you did the inner row of blocks, then the row with the black blocks, then the outer row? And did you use the HST ruler? I've not purchased one of those yet.
Take care, Chris
I put the border together like a nine patch blocks, then the bocks into one side of the quilt. That way you only have to worry about 3 seams matching at the most. if you make each border seperately then you have an awful long time just matching seams. I am not much of a gadget girl. so I probably just drew a grid on paper and photocopied it. (PPT's)