View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 06:22 PM
cc23rdb

I am up for adoption. I am fixing to start putting together my great aunt's quilt that her mom started for her. My great grandmother started the quilt somewhere around the 40s. It is an applique tulip design and is gorgeous. the way she did the applique is just amazing. you can barely even see the stitches she used to applique the pieces.
I have the quilt top, and just purchased the supplies I'll need to finish it. as well as an early Christmas present to myself. A quilting frame. I haven't a clue to where I need to start, other than in the middle, and work my way out. I hand washed the quilt today in the bathtub, in hopes to get some of the age like stains on it. (my Great Aunt requested that I try to get the stains out. I told her I didn't mind them in there, since my great grandmother sewn it)
so that is where I am. a complete beginner and starting with hand quilting. I do sew very well and embroider as well as digitize embroider. I also run a paper route, so I don't have a lot of time for ME. but am even thinking of joining a homemakers club to give ME more time. I want to sew for FUN. I sew for business and need the enjoyment of not having to sew.
rebecca