View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Decoratenu

Originally Posted by candykisses31061
Im so disappointed Im trying to make a quilt out of jelly rolls only, everything doenst work out i dont know how to arrange them in a pattern that looks attractive. I have sewed like 4 strips together and then cut them into 2 1/2 strips and if I try to cut a 6"inch square but its not square I have the template and so careful and using a rotary cutter. Help me before I go insanse.

Nancy Ritchotte
Nancy, It's hard to say what could be going wrong.... Here are some things to check -- 1) are you using a 1/4" foot to keep your seams consistent? 2) Are you laying the jelly roll strips out to find a pleasing arrangement? Don't stress to much about this as some really nice quilts have come out of a haphazard arrangement. 3) Are you pressing your seams flat (don't stretch while ironing - press up & down), so they're as smooth as possible before re-cutting with your 6" template? You can apply clear silicon pads to prevent the template from slipping. Make sure you cut from the best angle (usually right from bottom to top), even if you have to turn the fabric & reset it each time. Good luck. Don't give up.