Old 05-23-2011, 01:38 AM
quilterella

Originally Posted by bamamama
Originally Posted by quilterella
When I got my Tin Lizzie last month, the dealer told me...Only use King Tut and you will never have tension problems. She doesn't even sell that brand, so I was alittle confused... but she was right. My "Mitzie" TL only likes King Tut, just as my Janome only liked Aurafil or Mettler. The only problem I have had with my TL is the bobbin case being bent from me dropping it, and that problem has been rectified. So, yes, our machines are Thread Diva's and I will only use King Tut as advised by the dealer.
I used Aurifil on it last time I did charity quilts because it was donated. The 40 wt worked wonderful but the 50 wt did not. Marge on the TL yahoo group is a big help. She said that if use a different weight thread you sometimes need to use a different size needle. I find the King Tut Egyptian Cotton thread to be very linty in the machine.
I agree that King Tut is very linty and therefore gives alot of other issues. If I was more experienced, I would probably try a different namebrand thread, but, I don't know even which one to try. Even the TL website recommends King Tut. I have about 12 cones of 40wt so I have to use them before I even think about changing thread brands. In the mean time, I make sure I clean the machine often, especially the bobbin area.