View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 05:36 PM
milp04

Originally Posted by annthreecats
Yesterday I received an item from an ebay seller and there were two boxes, so I thought everything didn't fit into one box so they sent two. I opened the box that was heavier because I knew that box was the main one I wanted. Then I opened the second box and inside was something I did not order. I thought maybe I got a freebie for buying the other item. So I sent a message to the seller and they said, "Gee, I wondered what happened to that." We agreed that I would re-ship the item and the seller would pay me back. What a pain.

Any other weird ebay buys out there?

Do NOT pay for the shipment of the items you were not to receive. The seller needs to pay for these and provide a way to do so. This is possibly a scam to get you to pay for a shipment.

Have the seller provide payment information to his shipping company, or send the item back to him by the shipping company's acceptable method.

I would also call the shipping company to report the situation to them. They may give you some specific direction for returning the item to the ebay seller. I would also possible report the situation to your credit card company with regards to the charges for the correct shipment received. This is to prevent the seller from adding charges through your credit card company.

Again, DO NOT pay for shipment in error.

Good luck with the situation.

Pam M
milp04--OH