Weird Ebay situation

Old 08-02-2011, 03:55 PM

Yesterday I received an item from an ebay seller and there were two boxes, so I thought everything didn't fit into one box so they sent two. I opened the box that was heavier because I knew that box was the main one I wanted. Then I opened the second box and inside was something I did not order. I thought maybe I got a freebie for buying the other item. So I sent a message to the seller and they said, "Gee, I wondered what happened to that." We agreed that I would re-ship the item and the seller would pay me back. What a pain.

Any other weird ebay buys out there?
Old 08-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Power Poster

Not from ebay, but I ordered books from another company. I received 3 that I didn't order. Another gentleman got my order and I got his LOL The company told us to keep the books and they sent out the correct ones.

We all can make mistakes :D:D:D
Old 08-02-2011, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Not from ebay, but I ordered books from another company. I received 3 that I didn't order. Another gentleman got my order and I got his LOL The company told us to keep the books and they sent out the correct ones.

We all can make mistakes :D:D:D
yep, it happens.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:51 PM

I've gone home with extra groceries probably from the previous customer. Of course there wasn't a prime rib in there! LOL
Old 08-02-2011, 04:55 PM

I had an ebay seller in Australia mix my order up with another US customer. It was much cheaper for us to just ship to the other's address, and the buyer reimbursed us for the forward shipping.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:55 PM

I buy from ebay on a regular basis, and I always check feedbacks for my sellers. You should report them to ebay. If they rip you off, they are going to do it to someone else.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:59 PM

not ebay, but many years ago I received in the mail a crib quilt/baby bunting, that I never could figure out who had sent it. Return address was a pack and ship place in NY. I kept it for a long time thinking the sender would get in touch with me, but they never did. Still a mystery.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:01 PM

I use to be a big Ebay Seller. Then one evening I was putting fresh sheets on my bed, tossed the quilt on top and threw my back out. To the hospital I went, surgery two days later, laid up in the hospital a few more day. I knew I had items that had sold, and morphine and business do not mix. I kept excellent records, had a form that my husband and mother in law (who had offered her help) all they had to do was fill in the blanks on the form with the buyers address. Match the number at the top of the page to the corresponding boxes that were stacked at the end of the hall. Put the address on the box and off to the post office. I came home a few days later thinking all was taken care of. I don't know if they got in my morphine or what but they sent everything to the wrong place. Took me weeks to straighten out and cost me a fortune. One lady sent me an email that read: " Thank you for the Camo Sheets, but I purchased my daughter a cute pair of Mary Janes."
Old 08-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by honeybee_2000
I buy from ebay on a regular basis, and I always check feedbacks for my sellers. You should report them to ebay. If they rip you off, they are going to do it to someone else.
Do you think they were trying to rip her off, or did they make a mistake? Mistakes happen.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by annthreecats
Yesterday I received an item from an ebay seller and there were two boxes, so I thought everything didn't fit into one box so they sent two. I opened the box that was heavier because I knew that box was the main one I wanted. Then I opened the second box and inside was something I did not order. I thought maybe I got a freebie for buying the other item. So I sent a message to the seller and they said, "Gee, I wondered what happened to that." We agreed that I would re-ship the item and the seller would pay me back. What a pain.

Any other weird ebay buys out there?

Do NOT pay for the shipment of the items you were not to receive. The seller needs to pay for these and provide a way to do so. This is possibly a scam to get you to pay for a shipment.

Have the seller provide payment information to his shipping company, or send the item back to him by the shipping company's acceptable method.

I would also call the shipping company to report the situation to them. They may give you some specific direction for returning the item to the ebay seller. I would also possible report the situation to your credit card company with regards to the charges for the correct shipment received. This is to prevent the seller from adding charges through your credit card company.

Again, DO NOT pay for shipment in error.

Good luck with the situation.

Pam M
milp04--OH