Old 08-17-2011, 07:33 AM
KLO

Originally Posted by star619
My Mom taught me how to sew clothing when I was 12. I took a quilting class at 28(when I was pregnant with my first child). She was so interested, we picked out fabrics & I'd show her what I learned each week & would give her the templates to trace around. Over the years we made quilts seperately and together. She was diagnosed with Alzheimers
5 yrs. ago. She would always "light up" when I'd bring a quilt to work on while sitting with her in the nursing home. She really deteriorated beginning last spring, and I found I couldn't even sit at the machine. She died Dec. 12 & I have only been able to begin sewing in the last couple of months. I'm back full speed ahead now, but when I finish
a top, I "forget" & think of what she's going to say when I show her the latest accomplishment.
I lost my Mom 20 years ago and I still have those moments every great once in a while where I think "I'll give Mom a call and tell her about this." It's hard to lose your Mom but glad that you have gotten back to quilting so that some fond memories can take over the sad/bad ones. She would be glad about that!