View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Betty Ruth

Sorry to be so long answering your post. I was pretty sick for a while and didn't feel like getting on the computer.

In what part of San Antonio do you live? I live in Schertz but worked in San Antonio for 20 years before I retired in May 2000.

My stash of fabric is so large that at times it's hard for me to get to the sewing machine. I like different fabrics. My husband thinks I can make a quilt out of anything. When I'm headed for a garage sale, he usually tells me "No more fabric!!" I just can't resist a bargain, though. A couple of weeks ago, I bought 30 yards of fabric for $3.00 at a garage sale. That kind of a bargain is unusual, though. About 25 to 50 cents per yard is more common. I have also bought garments (usually cotton dresses with full skirts) and ripped them up for the fabric. I make small quilts and give them as gifts for new babies or give them to various charities. I've also made lap quilts for nursing home patients. The only bed size quilts I've made have been for our own use or for other family members.

Betty