Old 08-26-2011, 06:32 AM
Rose L

Originally Posted by mitzs
Originally Posted by Kristin in ME
I've been wondering why people would buy on-line, I would be concerned that the true colors wouldn't be represented on my monitor, or not feeling like I have a good grasp of the scale of the print, or not getting to feel the quality, etc.

But then I checked out an on-line store for the first time last night... and I think I may be in trouble!! lol
I live in a small town and while there is one lqs here, I am not impressed with it or the people at all. I wasn't drawn to a lot of the fabrics because there isn't a lot to select from. The inside is dark with dim lighting. I am 45mins to an hour away from the next quilt shop. It will be cheaper for me to order online with gas prices the way they are. I love to shop online.
This sounds like you live in my town, lol! Dark, dingy, old styles adn the owner is anything but friendly. I buy most of my fabric online too and have been disappointed only once in the color match. The piece is big enough for a backing on a large quilt so I'll have no problem using it with some other quilt.