View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 06:22 AM
Ginny B

I hadn't named my machines until I got my FW. I named her Emma. It just seemed like she needed a name even though I hadn't thought about naming any before. So now I'm working on coming up with names for my others. I have a serger I got from a dear friend of mine who taught me sooooo much about sewing (and other things too I might add). So my serger is named after her - Polly. I have my Aunt Anna's Singer sewing machine who is still inside her cabinet and I haven't even gotten the serial # off of her but I will so of course,she is called Anna. I have a Brother who is in need of some attention (lost his tension spring). I'm leaning towards calling him "Bro". That one needs a more masculine name because my 4 boys gave it to me in the 90's for my birthday. Then I have the "mystery" machine that I can't find any info on anywhere. It's sort of generic sewing machine, made well (all metal) and it says "The Dressmaker" on the front. Found her in my sil's basement after she died but she never sewed so I don't really feel drawn to name it after her. Maybe Agatha will suit her since her history is such a mystery to me! Yes, I think that's going to be her name. Then I have one more Singer I need to name. She came to me through a friend of my dh's. She's in a cabinet but she doesn't work (at least not so far for me). Not sure just what the problem is though. Maybe if I name her, she'll work for me. LOL