View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 05:50 AM
Selena

Originally Posted by karenpatrick
I coyote almost got my sweet little Shih Tzu Spike a few years ago, right in front of me. I shutter to think what might have happened if I hadn't been outside at the time. I had no time to get my gun, I just ran towards it and screamed. Spike was oblivious, it creeped up on him so quietly. Life in the country.
This one didn't make a sound. He blended in behind that bush. He waited until they were all three together, stepped out and grabbed the center one at the same time. One swift, silent movement. He was backing up when I ran at him. then turned. I think that's when he dropped Cisco. I heard him hit the ground and saw him run past me. He was pretty as coyotes go-very healthy looking. Reminded me of a smaller version of a gray wolf. If he had been rabid, he wouldn't have run from me or dropped Cisco. He also wouldn't have just grabbed him, he would have attacked him. Rabies makes animals crazed like a cat in NM that actually sat on his head in the cage and growled. This guy was hunting for easy prey and I almost delivered it to him.