Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Chiwoowoo Puppies, close call >

Chiwoowoo Puppies, close call

Chiwoowoo Puppies, close call

Old 09-14-2011, 07:21 PM

For those of you who have been following the "boys" since birth, I thought I'd share this morning's excitement with you. Keep in mind that everyone is ok. A little after 6 a.m. I was pottying them and their mother, WooWoo. The boys are starting to do better at this. We have worked really hard at going to the house when told to. Pedro kept going by a bush and I kept making him get away from it. He finally decided to do his business not too far from there and his brothers who were finished decided to check him out and see what the hold up was when a coyote stepped out from behind the bush and grabbed Cisco in his mouth. Between the screaming, wriggling puppy and the crazy screaming woman running at him, he dropped the puppy. All but one headed to the porch and then Mama Woo took after the coyote. I had to stop her and get Gordo who was frozen in fear. Pedro was screaming like he had been the one in it's mouth. Poor little Cisco was in shock. He wasn't bleeding anywhere but has bruised ribs. He has required holding all day and the others have needed extra attention too. They come right to me now instead of playing hard to get. They are all afraid to go out to potty now. Thankfully everyone is in one piece. I loaded my 22.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Power Poster

We live with coyotes too. Have 3 little dogs. It is always a possibility. I know it was a rough morning for all you. So happy all are ok.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:25 PM

OH Selena...what a scary thing to have happen...I remember seeing the pics of the puppies when they were little..have you posted any more updated ones? If so I must have missed them...Yep keep the .22 loaded...we have one handy here too...the joys of country living... I remember someone posted a couple of months ago that a coyote got a poodle..right in front of the owner....If I remember right it was her grandfather's dog...sadly the coyote got away with the dog...crafty_linda_b
Old 09-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Power Poster

Glad it was a happy outcome.

Oh my gosh your poor puppy. It's a miracle it let go of him. Have you had coyotes that close to your home before? You are all very lucky neither you nor your beloved dogs got hurt or killed. I love your puppy pictures.

Kat

Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
OH Selena...what a scary thing to have happen...I remember seeing the pics of the puppies when they were little..have you posted any more updated ones? If so I must have missed them...Yep keep the .22 loaded...we have one handy here too...the joys of country living...crafty_linda_b
I posted pictures last week under Chiwoowoo puppies 3 months old.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Power Poster

That coyote was pretty bold to grab a puppy when you were there, too.

Glad "everyone" is more or less okay.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Google Goddess

Hugs Hugs Hugs

glad to hear the puppies are all okay now, how scary
Old 09-14-2011, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by GreatStarter
Oh my gosh your poor puppy. It's a miracle it let go of him. Have you had coyotes that close to your home before? You are all very lucky neither you nor your beloved dogs got hurt or killed. I love your puppy pictures.

Kat
We hear them up close at night but have never had them in the front yard with us.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:29 PM

Poor little guys. Glad to hear they are all ok. This is when I appreciate living in the city.