View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 02:02 PM
Quiltgranny

Originally Posted by Highmtn
I honestly cannot remember if I already posted this in here or not...but even with 3 OTT lamps in my cutting room if I'm cutting/sewing at night I have an annoying shadow on my work area. ESPECIALLY if I'm cutting out fabric. I always had a miniscule shadow on one side of my template and that minor amount is enough to toss off an accurate cutting line.

Now.. this took my husband some time to STOP laughing at me, but I now use a backpackers LED headlamp when I work in my room in the evenings. It's GREAT! DORKY, BUT GREAT! My light source is RIGHT where I need it every time AND my hands are completely free.

Matter of fact.. I have fallen in love with this idea so much I now keep a headlamp next to my reading chair. Our house has vaulted ceilings and an open floor plan. There's no good light in this place except for floor lamps. So.. as GOOFY as I look whether I'm doing hand work or reading.. I slap on my trusty headlamp and I'm GOOD TO GO!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to IT.....LOL
Well, now that sounds like a neat idea! :thumbup: But gee whiz, I was really looking forward to you posting a picture of it on you. :lol: And details, like where'd you get it, how much, etc.? Please.

Thanks,