View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Quiltgranny

Originally Posted by Highmtn
Quiltgranny...
You can get them at Walmart, ANY big box store back in the camping/sporting goods department. There are upper end ones at sporting goods stores too. I think I paid about $12.00 for my first one...and I got a bigger one the second time and that was closer to $19.00. Don't buy a crazy expensive water proof one. You're not going to be hiking in the rain in it.. or hanging off the side of a cliff in a snow storm.

I love them so much that if I have to go out in the dark to nab an arm load of wood for the wood stove (we live 8 miles out of town and it's PITCH BLACK out here) I put one on. Once you adjust it (which takes a second max) the light is RIGHT where you need it...every time.
Thanks for the scoop on these headlamps. Will definitely check into them. In the meantime, after chatting with my neighbor about this, she says she has a couple of under the counter lights we can hang up to see how that works. They're free; the price is right. :thumbup:

Take care and thanks,

Oh, I understand all about gathering wood in the dark, etc., our home borders a national forest, and we too, are several miles from town. :thumbup: