View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 12:47 PM
clynns

I ordered Moda scrap bags from SuzzettsFabric.com. The cost is $11.25 USD plus shipping. It's about 1/2 lb of fabric. The good thing about her shop is you can click on the pull down arrow and see how many of each she has left. I bought them so I could make a selvage edge purse. I cut off 1 1/2 inches of fabric from the edge of the selvage. The rest I divided up into piles by color. Then I joined the same colors together, but not the same pattern. I kept adding rows until I finished the fabric, never putting 2 of the same print together. I ordered 3 scraps of the Moda Grace. She still has 3 left. So my quilt right now is 80 inches wide by 96 long. All I need is 1 1/4 yards so I can put a border around it to bring my quilt up to a queen size and 3/4 yard for binding. So I'm looking for Grace by Moda on sale to finish the top. I spent a grand total of $41.40 after shipping for 3 scrap bags. I have a quilt top and the selvages made 'fabric' 11 x 36 (2 of these, equally done so I can cut the pattern for the purse and it will be somewhat symetrical). Good deal for the money.