Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fabric Scrap Bags

Blog Entries

Fabric Scrap Bags

I don't have a lot of fabric scraps and would love to start a stash of fabrics of various colors and patterns. In the past I remember seeing a few online quilt stores offering scrap bags for sale, but of course I cannot remember which ones now that I would like to place an order! Does anyone have any suggestions? I would prefer quilt store quality scraps. Happy new year to everyone and thank you for all your expertise and help!
    If any other condition had been better for you than the one in which you are, divine love would have put you there, Charles Spurgeon

Blog Entries
    Find a quilter friend...I use to mail my scraps to folks but between postage and getting to the post office it was a pain. I have a friend that just started quilting and she is doing crazy quilts and they look AWESOME so I have been giving her bags and bags of scraps, sad how its not even a dent in my closet (fabric closet). Also check your closet...I am starting to go through mine and cut my unwanted cotton and flannel shirts into squares. I am going to try and only make quilts from my stash this year. I am amazed how quiltly a stash goes..I have only been sewing for a little over a year. I think I went nuts in the beginning....well at least I have plently for a few years...LOL

Blog Entries
    Mauck

Blog Entries
    Thank you! I'll check these out.
    If any other condition had been better for you than the one in which you are, divine love would have put you there, Charles Spurgeon

Blog Entries
    This is a great idea. I would love to find a quilter friend for many reasons and getting scraps would be a real bonus! Thanks.

dd
    Do you belong to a quilt guild? Usually someone shows up with something they are looking to get rid of. Usually it's magazines but sometimes they come in with fabrics or patterns or UFO's. Check to see if you can find a quilt guild in your area.
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

I believe that Keepsake Quilting has Scrap Bags also. Good Luck

Blog Entries
    This might me a good time (first of 2012) to start a scrap swap. I personally haven't done a scrap quilt but probably have plenty of scraps that others are looking for.
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer View Post
    I believe that Keepsake Quilting has Scrap Bags also. Good Luck
    They do and I have bought from them before. There are some "dogs" in them but the fabric is all good quality.

equilter also has scrap bags. I think once in a while they sell by the pound too. I know Keepsake has scrap bags. I've ordered scrap bags from equilter and you get some really nice fabrics. They're mostly end of the bolt where it's all wrinkled and cut crooked but you get a lot of good fabric.

Blog Entries
    Scrap bags - approximately 6 yards - are currently on sale for 50% off at Blue Bamboo.

http://mybluebamboo.com/cgi-bin/Stor...scrapbags--s50

http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail....5-35efb93f8609

Three pounds of cotton remnants at Fabric.com.
    Deb

If you like bright, contemporary, excellent quality fabrics, check www.hawthornethreads.com. They have scrap packs in "cool", "fresh" and "warm" fabrics. Their service is very fast. Look under Pre-cuts on the left side of the home page. They have new by-the-yard fabrics all the time from the best manufacturers. It's a fun place to visit, and doing business with them is a pleasure. No affiliataion; I'm just a happy customer.
    Betsy in MA

Quote Originally Posted by joyce888 View Post
    This might me a good time (first of 2012) to start a scrap swap. I personally haven't done a scrap quilt but probably have plenty of scraps that others are looking for.
    Love this idea. Hope we can make it work.
    Rules of Life:1-Don't take anything personally 2-Integrity of words and deeds 3-Don't make assumptions 4-Do your best

I used to get flat rate boxes full of scraps on ebay and etsy

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Taino Jan View Post
    Love this idea. Hope we can make it work.

I host 10.5 layer cake swaps.. Members send in a yard cut into TWELVE 10.5-11 inches and you will get TWELVE different 10.5 sqs back..

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    http://bl162w.blu162.mail.live.com/#...15ad99f24&fv=1

check this out on missouri star quilts... i get these offers daily...the one for today is 1.88.... holiday special... but even their regular prices are good...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    PM me..I can sell you boxes full of scraps!

I have also picked up scraps from my LQS. They have a basket where quilters in classes can throw their scarps, i love diving in there every so often. In fact that reminds me that I haven't done that in a while, perhaps I should see if they are open today!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

if you want scraps and give to a charity, try www.shopgoodwill.com under crafts and hobbies. There always is lots of fabric. Just be careful what you bid and the type of fabric. They are not always accurate listing the type fabric.

I had never heard of equilter. Nice fabric choices.

I tend to use smaller pieces for some for my charity quilt. Luckily I have a quild that I belong to that does a scrap exchange once a year. Anyone can donate. Some of us just donate and we have everything from 4inch squares to binding strips. It is quite dangerous. I ended up with 4 panel for babies and enough scraps to make 3 other tops. After everyone was done selecting there was enough for one of the member to take a trash bag full of the leftovers. She loves using any and all scraps. I would love to see how she organizes them at home. So join a quild and start a new tradition- it is addicting.

Blog Entries

Look Out!

I swear that scraps beget scraps, soon you will have so much you will be wondering what to do with them all.

I ordered Moda scrap bags from SuzzettsFabric.com. The cost is $11.25 USD plus shipping. It's about 1/2 lb of fabric. The good thing about her shop is you can click on the pull down arrow and see how many of each she has left. I bought them so I could make a selvage edge purse. I cut off 1 1/2 inches of fabric from the edge of the selvage. The rest I divided up into piles by color. Then I joined the same colors together, but not the same pattern. I kept adding rows until I finished the fabric, never putting 2 of the same print together. I ordered 3 scraps of the Moda Grace. She still has 3 left. So my quilt right now is 80 inches wide by 96 long. All I need is 1 1/4 yards so I can put a border around it to bring my quilt up to a queen size and 3/4 yard for binding. So I'm looking for Grace by Moda on sale to finish the top. I spent a grand total of $41.40 after shipping for 3 scrap bags. I have a quilt top and the selvages made 'fabric' 11 x 36 (2 of these, equally done so I can cut the pattern for the purse and it will be somewhat symetrical). Good deal for the money.
    clynns aka Cheryl
    http://good-times.webshots.com/album/283852878RpTWWv?vhost=good-times
    NQA PICTURES http://community.webshots.com/album/580355813VOeruX?vhost=community

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast