Old 01-03-2012, 09:17 AM
DonnaQuilts

I bought it's sister in 1967 or 1968 for $150.00. I still use it occasionally when the computer machines act up. It is easy to clean and work on. I have serviced it myself and it is nearly foolproof. The soft, pretty blue is sure easy on the eyes. Most of the issues are with the tension system and the disks are right there and easy to clean. It only does zig zag, with no extras, but it has the most beautiful marrow or satin stitch for applique of all my machines, especially the computerized ones. Set the stitch length at NEARLY zero. You will need to practice to find whch is right for you. With this machine, you are the boss and it will not try to retrain you with messages on a screen. You can sew very slowly or very fast. The foot controller is sensitive and responsive. I still love it and have the manual. It is somewhat loud when sewing on a table, but then you have the lovely cabinet, so it should be quieter, if it has rubber dampeners in the cabinet. Feet are available at sewing machine stores. This would be a good machine for a young learner, as it is so simple to operate. As far as I know and feel, this was one of the last, good, Singers. Congradulations on your new treasure.