View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 06:53 AM
Rhonda Lee

It's interesting how some of us had the time to make this quilt so quickly and then there are some of us that just hangs in there with the possiblity of getting it done when we can. I fall in the last group! Mine is still completely cut and in a plastic container waiting patiently to be put together. I'm currently binding a quilt that has taken a year to complete. I have another one to make for my DD that just graduated from college including the Dental Hygentist program. This will be my next project. I have a couple of BOM quilts with just the blocks made and they may take a back seat to Orca Bay. I take care of my DGD that is in Kindergarten and my DMIL that has lived with us for the last 6 months. My wonderful father passed away last month after a 2 year bout with cancer. It's taken a toll on my emotions and time for the 2 year duration. Even though we were prepared for his passing it certainly does not make it any easier to loose such a piller of strength that he was in my life. The mourning still takes it's own time. My own mother now needs extra help and I'll gladly do whatever I can to help her. It looks like it will be one day a week that I can spend with her. We have 7 children and 18 grandchildren so there is always someone coming or going.
I'm not complaining, my life is rich and rewarding and I just love quilting. I'm just saying Orca Bay is still to come for me.