View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 03:32 AM
athenagwis

Originally Posted by himnherr View Post
Rachel,
I'm in my camper this week at a big construction site my husband and I are volunteers at. We are in charge of food service, BUT I packed my Singer 301 just in case you set up this virtual quilting day. I have a couple hours here and there when times are slow, so I'll be in my camper with my machine humming on my scrappy log cabin. I have 3 rows completed (doing QAYG), and have the rest ready to quilt & attach. So, I'm in! I won't have great internet access until I go home that night, but will occasionally be able to get check in.
Lori
Now that's commitment!! Sounds like fun, sometime sewing in small spaces creates big inspiration. Can't wait to see your updates!!

Originally Posted by brushandthimble View Post
I would love to join in but will not have access to internet, as I will be at my monthly sewing/quilting get together
We meet the 3rd Sunday of each month. Sew I well be sewing with you, but not able to check in.
I plan to work on blocks for my DH quilt he requested. If I get get 9 or so blocks done, I will have all the blocks for the time and hoping a row for the backing. No pattern quilt, I sort of design each block as I go, a mix of 9 patch, 4 patch, rail fence, variation of log cabin, a triangle squares. Very bright colors, alot of batiks. I will post a picture next time I have it up on my design wall.
That's too funny!! I hope you'll check in when you get home at least so we can see what you got done.

Rachel