Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 116

Thread: Virtual Quilt Day - This Sunday July 15!

  1. #1
    Super Member athenagwis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,704

    Virtual Quilt Day - This Sunday July 15!

    Is everyone ready for Virtual Quilt Day again?? The day is coming soon, so it's time to prepare your projects and get ready to do some sewing!! If you have never joined us before, it couldn't be any easier. There are no rules. I will post on Sunday, July 15th a new thread, in that thread just come and tell us what your goals are for the day. Then get to sewing!! Check in every so often to offer support, read all the updates, and share an update of your own. There is no start or stop time, so feel free to join in any time of the day too!!

    This day started as a way for me to have an all day sew in without having to lug my machine anywhere. Many have enjoyed having one day set aside each month to quilt, and it makes it even more fun to know there are so many others out there joining you!!

    So what will you be working on this months? I am not sure yet, but I do have one quilt that I have my eye on finishing, we'll see if it makes the cut for that day!!

    Cheers!
    Rachel

  2. #2
    Super Member athenagwis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,704
    And will you be joining us? I hope we can get a good crowd like the last couple!!

    Rachel

  3. #3
    Senior Member himnherr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    622
    Rachel,
    I'm in my camper this week at a big construction site my husband and I are volunteers at. We are in charge of food service, BUT I packed my Singer 301 just in case you set up this virtual quilting day. I have a couple hours here and there when times are slow, so I'll be in my camper with my machine humming on my scrappy log cabin. I have 3 rows completed (doing QAYG), and have the rest ready to quilt & attach. So, I'm in! I won't have great internet access until I go home that night, but will occasionally be able to get check in.
    Lori

  4. #4
    Senior Member jtquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    So, Idaho
    Posts
    646
    Blog Entries
    1
    I have caught your threads. . . . usually after the fact! Last time I was quilting on the same day you had the VQD and didn't know until the next day! This month I may get to join in mid afternoon and see what is going on. I love that you are doing this. . . . . thanks!
    Judith

  5. #5
    Super Member Sunnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Morgantown, PA area
    Posts
    1,246
    Blog Entries
    1
    Oh I wish I could join you, but this Sunday I will be at a dog show and won't be home till late evening. I got so much accomplished last time. Well, there's always the next one.
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

  6. #6
    Super Member deedum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bluebell
    Posts
    4,231
    I would love to join you, I got a quilting project started and needs finishing. So I am in!

  7. #7
    Super Member brushandthimble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North of Boston, MA, USA
    Posts
    3,630
    I would love to join in but will not have access to internet, as I will be at my monthly sewing/quilting get together
    We meet the 3rd Sunday of each month. Sew I well be sewing with you, but not able to check in.
    I plan to work on blocks for my DH quilt he requested. If I get get 9 or so blocks done, I will have all the blocks for the time and hoping a row for the backing. No pattern quilt, I sort of design each block as I go, a mix of 9 patch, 4 patch, rail fence, variation of log cabin, a triangle squares. Very bright colors, alot of batiks. I will post a picture next time I have it up on my design wall.
    After 2 years with the same signature I have been requested to remove it. Bye

  8. #8
    Super Member athenagwis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,704
    Quote Originally Posted by himnherr View Post
    Rachel,
    I'm in my camper this week at a big construction site my husband and I are volunteers at. We are in charge of food service, BUT I packed my Singer 301 just in case you set up this virtual quilting day. I have a couple hours here and there when times are slow, so I'll be in my camper with my machine humming on my scrappy log cabin. I have 3 rows completed (doing QAYG), and have the rest ready to quilt & attach. So, I'm in! I won't have great internet access until I go home that night, but will occasionally be able to get check in.
    Lori
    Now that's commitment!! Sounds like fun, sometime sewing in small spaces creates big inspiration. Can't wait to see your updates!!

    Quote Originally Posted by brushandthimble View Post
    I would love to join in but will not have access to internet, as I will be at my monthly sewing/quilting get together
    We meet the 3rd Sunday of each month. Sew I well be sewing with you, but not able to check in.
    I plan to work on blocks for my DH quilt he requested. If I get get 9 or so blocks done, I will have all the blocks for the time and hoping a row for the backing. No pattern quilt, I sort of design each block as I go, a mix of 9 patch, 4 patch, rail fence, variation of log cabin, a triangle squares. Very bright colors, alot of batiks. I will post a picture next time I have it up on my design wall.
    That's too funny!! I hope you'll check in when you get home at least so we can see what you got done.

    Rachel

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Othello, Washington
    Posts
    37
    I will be sewing scrap sack 2's. I host a quilt retreat in August and making them for everyone attending. They are all cut out so I should be able to complete them Sunday, if everything goes smoothly. lol

  10. #10
    Power Poster sewbizgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    13,593
    Would love to join you... I went back to college for the summer semester and have had NO time to sew for the past 8 weeks since I started! This might be the perfect thing to get me sewing for one day at least... I have some baby quilt tops that need to be quilted so that I can put something new in my Etsy shop. Thank you for the invite!
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 19 Album of Blocks I Made for Others https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19825.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

  11. #11
    Super Member auntpiggylpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Michigan. . .FINALLY!!!!
    Posts
    6,916
    Blog Entries
    1
    I may just join you! I am working on a Biscuit quilt and I got 100 of the 224 squares sewn last Sunday. I also have a Sociology mid term the following Monday so I will probably be bouncing back and forth. I am obsessed with doing this quilt!!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

  12. #12
    Super Member gramajo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peotone IL
    Posts
    2,645
    I'll be here mid-afternoon after work. If I don't have it finished by Sun., I'll be working on my Silhouettes quilt that I started on the last VQD. If the Silhouettes is done, I'll start cutting fabric for my brother's National Parks quilt for a Christmas gift.

  13. #13
    Super Member SouthPStitches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    So Plymouth, NY
    Posts
    2,332
    Actually have plans, two months in a row. Which reminds me, I need to post the lap quilt I cut and pieced during the May virtual. Once home for the evening on Sunday, I will be hand quilting for a couple hours, a cotton lawn lap quilt I pieced a month or so ago. Will be there in spirit though, as always.

  14. #14
    Senior Member kristakz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    935
    I'll be here! Maybe I'll be able to catch up on my block of the month, and get started on my practice quilts. My long arm machine should arrive on the 18th!!! and I'd like to have a couple of quilts ready for some practice time.

  15. #15
    Super Member Pat625's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    1,640
    Count me in!! Last time I finished one grandson's quilt, and began the next. Since then I finished that and am almost done with one for a grandaughter. Hoping to have that one done today or tomorrow, so I can be working on another grandaugher's Sunday. I took her to Joannes today to let her pick her fabrics. For a 9 year old she amazed me with her choices. It will be a nice quilt when done!!

  16. #16
    Super Member ube quilting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    9,824
    Blog Entries
    31
    Oh boy! Hi everyone. Looking forward to working on a border pattern for a scrappy quilt I did last weekend. I admit I haven't worked on any ufos like I promised myself I would but I am using up lots of scraps!
    peace to all
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

  17. #17
    Super Member franc36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,497
    I am on vacation; but I brought a block to hand appliqué in anticipation of Virtual Quilt Day. There is a great deal of hand sewing to be done on the block; but if I do finish early, I'll do some of the lessons on Craftsy quilting classes. Tomorrow, I am hitting the local quilt shops in the area so I should have plenty to do on the next Virtual Quilting Day. Rachel, your starting this really got me back to quilting. I cannot believe all the quilting I have accomplished since your first Virtual Quilting Day. Thank you so very much!

  18. #18
    Super Member athenagwis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,704
    Quote Originally Posted by franc36 View Post
    I am on vacation; but I brought a block to hand appliqué in anticipation of Virtual Quilt Day. There is a great deal of hand sewing to be done on the block; but if I do finish early, I'll do some of the lessons on Craftsy quilting classes. Tomorrow, I am hitting the local quilt shops in the area so I should have plenty to do on the next Virtual Quilting Day. Rachel, your starting this really got me back to quilting. I cannot believe all the quilting I have accomplished since your first Virtual Quilting Day. Thank you so very much!
    You are so very welcome!! it's funny because when I did the first one I was sewing quite a bit at the time, then I didn't have so much time to sew and now my Virtual Quilt Days are usually the only days I sew!! It feels good though to know I have at least one day to myself where I can schedule in some sewing. Sometimes we schedule so much we forget to schedule time for ourselves!!

    Cheers!
    Rachel

  19. #19
    Senior Member sewhappy30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    454
    I am planning on joining you all for this quilt day. Sounds like fun this will be my first time, can't wait.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Patti25314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    threading a needle or pulling a weed
    Posts
    483
    Sounds like fun! I'm trying to learn the strip method of making tumbling blocks. So that will be my project. What time do we start?

  21. #21
    Junior Member cmg625's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    118
    Blog Entries
    1
    I should be able to join. This is a busy weekend - have a funeral to attend on Saturday so no sewing that day but Sunday should be a time for relaxing so I will do my best to be here.

  22. #22
    Super Member LivelyLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Western MA
    Posts
    2,678
    Looking forward to it. I'll be working on my machine applique autumn leaves for a fall table topper.
    When you sleep under a quilt, you sleep under a blanket of love.

  23. #23
    Senior Member pippi65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Central, Illinois
    Posts
    400
    I would like to join in after church. Sounds like being at retreat but at home!! Have several UFO's going that need finishing. So looking forward to it!! Thanks for the invite!
    Be kinder than necessary,everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

  24. #24
    Super Member athenagwis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Patti25314 View Post
    Sounds like fun! I'm trying to learn the strip method of making tumbling blocks. So that will be my project. What time do we start?
    I normally have the post up by 5:00 AM EST. But you can start whenever you want!!

    Quote Originally Posted by pippi65 View Post
    I would like to join in after church. Sounds like being at retreat but at home!! Have several UFO's going that need finishing. So looking forward to it!! Thanks for the invite!
    That's what I was going for when I started this. I have always wanted to do a retreat, but lugging my machine around sounded like a lot of work, plus I'm not real good at meeting new people, so this sounded like more fun to me.

    Rachel

  25. #25
    Super Member burchquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Holmen, WI
    Posts
    6,447
    I've been there for the last 2 (even tho I have yet to post my projects from those days!) & will be there this week, too. I'm not exactly sure what I'll be working on but probably sewing some backings pieces up. I have 4 tops that need backs so I can get them quilted, so even tho making backs is boring, I need to get on that. Woo hoo! I love, love, love these sewing Sundays! Keep'em coming!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥ rebecca

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.