Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilt Day - This Sunday July 15! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilt-day-sunday-july-15-a-t194366.html)

athenagwis 07-12-2012 01:27 AM

Virtual Quilt Day - This Sunday July 15!

Is everyone ready for Virtual Quilt Day again?? The day is coming soon, so it's time to prepare your projects and get ready to do some sewing!! If you have never joined us before, it couldn't be any easier. There are no rules. I will post on Sunday, July 15th a new thread, in that thread just come and tell us what your goals are for the day. Then get to sewing!! Check in every so often to offer support, read all the updates, and share an update of your own. There is no start or stop time, so feel free to join in any time of the day too!!

This day started as a way for me to have an all day sew in without having to lug my machine anywhere. Many have enjoyed having one day set aside each month to quilt, and it makes it even more fun to know there are so many others out there joining you!!

So what will you be working on this months? I am not sure yet, but I do have one quilt that I have my eye on finishing, we'll see if it makes the cut for that day!! :)

Cheers!
Rachel

athenagwis 07-12-2012 02:01 AM

And will you be joining us? :) :) I hope we can get a good crowd like the last couple!! :) :)

Rachel

himnherr 07-12-2012 02:19 AM

Rachel,
I'm in my camper this week at a big construction site my husband and I are volunteers at. We are in charge of food service, BUT I packed my Singer 301 just in case you set up this virtual quilting day. I have a couple hours here and there when times are slow, so I'll be in my camper with my machine humming on my scrappy log cabin. I have 3 rows completed (doing QAYG), and have the rest ready to quilt & attach. So, I'm in! I won't have great internet access until I go home that night, but will occasionally be able to get check in.
Lori

jtquilts 07-12-2012 03:02 AM

I have caught your threads. . . . usually after the fact! Last time I was quilting on the same day you had the VQD and didn't know until the next day! This month I may get to join in mid afternoon and see what is going on. I love that you are doing this. . . . . thanks!

Sunnie 07-12-2012 03:16 AM

Oh I wish I could join you, but this Sunday I will be at a dog show and won't be home till late evening. I got so much accomplished last time. Well, there's always the next one.

deedum 07-12-2012 03:22 AM

I would love to join you, I got a quilting project started and needs finishing. So I am in!

brushandthimble 07-12-2012 03:23 AM

I would love to join in but will not have access to internet, as I will be at my monthly sewing/quilting get together:)
We meet the 3rd Sunday of each month. Sew I well be sewing with you, but not able to check in.
I plan to work on blocks for my DH quilt he requested. If I get get 9 or so blocks done, I will have all the blocks for the time and hoping a row for the backing. No pattern quilt, I sort of design each block as I go, a mix of 9 patch, 4 patch, rail fence, variation of log cabin, a triangle squares. Very bright colors, alot of batiks. I will post a picture next time I have it up on my design wall.

athenagwis 07-12-2012 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by himnherr (Post 5357957)
Rachel,
I'm in my camper this week at a big construction site my husband and I are volunteers at. We are in charge of food service, BUT I packed my Singer 301 just in case you set up this virtual quilting day. I have a couple hours here and there when times are slow, so I'll be in my camper with my machine humming on my scrappy log cabin. I have 3 rows completed (doing QAYG), and have the rest ready to quilt & attach. So, I'm in! I won't have great internet access until I go home that night, but will occasionally be able to get check in.
Lori

Now that's commitment!! Sounds like fun, sometime sewing in small spaces creates big inspiration. :) Can't wait to see your updates!!

Originally Posted by brushandthimble (Post 5358017)
I would love to join in but will not have access to internet, as I will be at my monthly sewing/quilting get together:)
We meet the 3rd Sunday of each month. Sew I well be sewing with you, but not able to check in.
I plan to work on blocks for my DH quilt he requested. If I get get 9 or so blocks done, I will have all the blocks for the time and hoping a row for the backing. No pattern quilt, I sort of design each block as I go, a mix of 9 patch, 4 patch, rail fence, variation of log cabin, a triangle squares. Very bright colors, alot of batiks. I will post a picture next time I have it up on my design wall.

That's too funny!! I hope you'll check in when you get home at least so we can see what you got done. :) :)

Rachel

kathyz 07-12-2012 05:07 AM

I will be sewing scrap sack 2's. I host a quilt retreat in August and making them for everyone attending. They are all cut out so I should be able to complete them Sunday, if everything goes smoothly. lol

sewbizgirl 07-12-2012 05:31 AM

Would love to join you... I went back to college for the summer semester and have had NO time to sew for the past 8 weeks since I started! This might be the perfect thing to get me sewing for one day at least... I have some baby quilt tops that need to be quilted so that I can put something new in my Etsy shop. Thank you for the invite!