Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilt Day - This Sunday July 15! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilt-day-sunday-july-15-a-t194366.html)

auntpiggylpn 07-12-2012 06:23 AM

I may just join you! I am working on a Biscuit quilt and I got 100 of the 224 squares sewn last Sunday. I also have a Sociology mid term the following Monday so I will probably be bouncing back and forth. I am obsessed with doing this quilt!!!

gramajo 07-12-2012 07:15 AM

I'll be here mid-afternoon after work. If I don't have it finished by Sun., I'll be working on my Silhouettes quilt that I started on the last VQD. If the Silhouettes is done, I'll start cutting fabric for my brother's National Parks quilt for a Christmas gift.

SouthPStitches 07-12-2012 07:56 AM

Actually have plans, two months in a row. Which reminds me, I need to post the lap quilt I cut and pieced during the May virtual. Once home for the evening on Sunday, I will be hand quilting for a couple hours, a cotton lawn lap quilt I pieced a month or so ago. Will be there in spirit though, as always.

kristakz 07-12-2012 02:49 PM

I'll be here! Maybe I'll be able to catch up on my block of the month, and get started on my practice quilts. My long arm machine should arrive on the 18th!!! and I'd like to have a couple of quilts ready for some practice time.

Pat625 07-12-2012 03:03 PM

Count me in!! Last time I finished one grandson's quilt, and began the next. Since then I finished that and am almost done with one for a grandaughter. Hoping to have that one done today or tomorrow, so I can be working on another grandaugher's Sunday. I took her to Joannes today to let her pick her fabrics. For a 9 year old she amazed me with her choices. It will be a nice quilt when done!!

ube quilting 07-12-2012 03:25 PM

Oh boy! Hi everyone. Looking forward to working on a border pattern for a scrappy quilt I did last weekend. I admit I haven't worked on any ufos like I promised myself I would but I am using up lots of scraps!
peace to all

franc36 07-12-2012 03:27 PM

I am on vacation; but I brought a block to hand appliqué in anticipation of Virtual Quilt Day. There is a great deal of hand sewing to be done on the block; but if I do finish early, I'll do some of the lessons on Craftsy quilting classes. Tomorrow, I am hitting the local quilt shops in the area so I should have plenty to do on the next Virtual Quilting Day. Rachel, your starting this really got me back to quilting. I cannot believe all the quilting I have accomplished since your first Virtual Quilting Day. Thank you so very much!

athenagwis 07-12-2012 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by franc36 (Post 5359789)
I am on vacation; but I brought a block to hand appliqué in anticipation of Virtual Quilt Day. There is a great deal of hand sewing to be done on the block; but if I do finish early, I'll do some of the lessons on Craftsy quilting classes. Tomorrow, I am hitting the local quilt shops in the area so I should have plenty to do on the next Virtual Quilting Day. Rachel, your starting this really got me back to quilting. I cannot believe all the quilting I have accomplished since your first Virtual Quilting Day. Thank you so very much!

You are so very welcome!! it's funny because when I did the first one I was sewing quite a bit at the time, then I didn't have so much time to sew and now my Virtual Quilt Days are usually the only days I sew!! It feels good though to know I have at least one day to myself where I can schedule in some sewing. Sometimes we schedule so much we forget to schedule time for ourselves!! :)

Cheers!
Rachel

sewhappy30 07-12-2012 06:10 PM

I am planning on joining you all for this quilt day. Sounds like fun this will be my first time, can't wait.

Patti25314 07-12-2012 06:21 PM

Sounds like fun! I'm trying to learn the strip method of making tumbling blocks. So that will be my project. What time do we start?