Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilt Day - This Sunday July 15! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilt-day-sunday-july-15-a-t194366.html)

cmg625 07-14-2012 03:24 AM

I have a quilt that I am working on for my DD, need to finish 5 more blocks, square up all the blocks already made, then I can put the quilt together tomorrow.

grann of 6 07-14-2012 03:44 AM

I always seem to miss these, till it's too late. So count me in. I was going to work on some UFO's today, but I guess I can postpone till tomorrow. I have 3 quilttops that need to go on the long arm. One is all ready to go. The others just need to have the backing made to the right size. Then maybe today I will think about another one to start after I finish those. If I can get these 3 tops finished I will have all my UFO's finished. Can you believe that????

GailG 07-14-2012 03:47 AM

I've never done one of these before, but sometimes I sew in the afternoon when DH snoozes or watches ballgames. This sounds like a great day to take a little break and work on my quild BOM's of which I am so far behind. I must be in a fog this morning,but I have two questions: Scrap sack 2's? and Biscuit quilt? Both sound interesting.

huntersgrammie 07-14-2012 04:29 AM

well i have never seen this or done this so i think i will attempt to give it a try. i am a new quilter so i may start off small and see where it takes me. i have a few projects i have been considering so its time to go to my idea box and see what i can do for sunday. see you all then. thanks this is a great idea. thanks for posting.

helenquilt 07-14-2012 04:45 AM

I will be in church in the morning. I teach a SS class and then church services.
I may work on some donation quilts in the afternoon. Our quilt group is making 18 quilts for hospital beds for a local hospital. Also children quilts for Cooks Childrens Hospital in memory of a dear member who passed this year

BeverlyJo 07-14-2012 05:29 AM

I will be joining you. I have several UFO's and this will be a great time to work on one of them. Can't wait!

Beverly

cahanes 07-14-2012 05:41 AM

Yes, a friend and I already planned to get together Sunday to work on quilts for our granddaughters. I'm not exactly sure how this works but we will join you. I guess we just check back in to this post? I'm newbie on this sight sort of - at least to posting anything. Sounds like a fun time.

grann of 6 07-14-2012 05:50 AM

This reminds me of last Christmas when we all gathered for the Secret Santa gift reveal. That was so much fun, so I can't wait to join this one tomorrow.

auntpiggylpn 07-14-2012 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by athenagwis (Post 5363114)
Tomorrow is the big day!! Will you spend part of today getting everything ready?? :)

Rachel

I am going to prepare today. I have to go to the LQS to get some Moda Muslin today and I am going to get my 4" squares cut today. I am also going to make sure my sewing room is all straightened up so I have a nice clean room to sew in all day!

nancia 07-14-2012 06:41 AM

I am determined to make it this time! I have to finish my dgd's quilt! Her birthday is August 3rd! Yikes!!!