Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Quilt Day - This Sunday July 15!

Quote Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
    Woo hoo! I love, love, love these sewing Sundays! Keep'em coming!
    I plan on it!! And did you notice I remembered all by myself this time. hehe Though you better not count on that for next month.

Cheers!
    Rachel

I'm in! Last time, I spent almost all day making one very intricate block. Last weekend, I had my own personal quilt retreat and made the top for a baby quilt. This weekend I HAVE to finish the top for my son's quilt. I am sick of the project (it is almost all HSTs...ugh) and am dragging my feet on it. Hopefully this is the weekend that it gets done!
    I'd rather be at the lake

Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

Tomorrow is the big day!! Will you spend part of today getting everything ready??

Rachel

I will baste a quilt this afternoon and start Quilting it after I go to early church tomorrow. I am making a supper that will give me leftovers for Sunday dinner for my husband; won't have to stop to cook.

count me in, will be working on the Sunny Lanes quilt, been cutting and sewing lots of 2" squares together. May also get a couple of baby quilts sandwiched and ready to quilt.

Blog Entries
    I have a quilt that I am working on for my DD, need to finish 5 more blocks, square up all the blocks already made, then I can put the quilt together tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    I always seem to miss these, till it's too late. So count me in. I was going to work on some UFO's today, but I guess I can postpone till tomorrow. I have 3 quilttops that need to go on the long arm. One is all ready to go. The others just need to have the backing made to the right size. Then maybe today I will think about another one to start after I finish those. If I can get these 3 tops finished I will have all my UFO's finished. Can you believe that????

I've never done one of these before, but sometimes I sew in the afternoon when DH snoozes or watches ballgames. This sounds like a great day to take a little break and work on my quild BOM's of which I am so far behind. I must be in a fog this morning,but I have two questions: Scrap sack 2's? and Biscuit quilt? Both sound interesting.
    One step at a time, always forward.

Blog Entries
    well i have never seen this or done this so i think i will attempt to give it a try. i am a new quilter so i may start off small and see where it takes me. i have a few projects i have been considering so its time to go to my idea box and see what i can do for sunday. see you all then. thanks this is a great idea. thanks for posting.

I will be in church in the morning. I teach a SS class and then church services.
    I may work on some donation quilts in the afternoon. Our quilt group is making 18 quilts for hospital beds for a local hospital. Also children quilts for Cooks Childrens Hospital in memory of a dear member who passed this year

I will be joining you. I have several UFO's and this will be a great time to work on one of them. Can't wait!

Beverly

Yes, a friend and I already planned to get together Sunday to work on quilts for our granddaughters. I'm not exactly sure how this works but we will join you. I guess we just check back in to this post? I'm newbie on this sight sort of - at least to posting anything. Sounds like a fun time.

Blog Entries
    This reminds me of last Christmas when we all gathered for the Secret Santa gift reveal. That was so much fun, so I can't wait to join this one tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by athenagwis View Post
    Tomorrow is the big day!! Will you spend part of today getting everything ready??

Rachel
    I am going to prepare today. I have to go to the LQS to get some Moda Muslin today and I am going to get my 4" squares cut today. I am also going to make sure my sewing room is all straightened up so I have a nice clean room to sew in all day!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Blog Entries
    I am determined to make it this time! I have to finish my dgd's quilt! Her birthday is August 3rd! Yikes!!!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

I may join. I'm working on the General's Wife quilt and I am caught up on the BOM but I'm making the quilt kit to make it king size. I have 4 blocks of 20 done so I could work on that. I also have a quilt I want to quilt and it would be a good day to do that. See you tomorrow!!

Blog Entries
    I'm hoping to get some of my Bonnie Hunter's Orca Bay worked on a little. My son is home visiting from college this weekend and goes back Sunday after he takes me out for a belated birthday dinner. So not sure how much I'll get done.
    Life's More Fun with a Doxie !!
    ​Have a Great Day !
    Vicki G
    https://www.facebook.com/vickigdesigns
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VickiGDesigns

I will be joining you. I will be working on my charm quilt. Hope to get it finished and ready for the frame by tomorrow.

What a terrific idea. I will be stitching most of the afternoon. Thank you for suggesting such a wonderful event.

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    I am going to prepare today. I have to go to the LQS to get some Moda Muslin today and I am going to get my 4" squares cut today. I am also going to make sure my sewing room is all straightened up so I have a nice clean room to sew in all day!
    Yay!! Always nice to start with a clean room for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by vickig626 View Post
    I'm hoping to get some of my Bonnie Hunter's Orca Bay worked on a little. My son is home visiting from college this weekend and goes back Sunday after he takes me out for a belated birthday dinner. So not sure how much I'll get done.
    Happy belated birthday!! I hope you are able to find time to join us.

Rachel

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by athenagwis View Post
    Yay!! Always nice to start with a clean room for sure.

Rachel
    Back from LQS, 4" squares cut, room cleaned! All ready to go!!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Blog Entries
    I think this is a great photo op. How some before and after pics??? I am willing to take pics of my Monopoly quilt that is ready to be bound tomorrow. I even have another quilt, a valentiney quilt that will be quilted tomorrow.

I will try to join....I want to finish some projects and tomorrow might be the day!!!

Will join in after I do my am chores then will have to stop for awhile to get my hubby off to work after lunch.Can't wait this will be my first time to Virtual Quilt. Usually I see you after the fact. i'm planning on putting 2 borders on my jelly roll throw. See ya'll tommorrow!!
    Stephanie

I am doing some sewing today. I think I needed to in order to finish tomorrow where I want to. Making good progress.
    I don't know why telling a bunch of virtual people that I have a sewing goal makes me focus and accomplish stuff but it does. Otherwise, I just caught up in lots of other chores and errands. Thanks so much for thinking of this!
    I'd rather be at the lake

Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast