Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will you join me for our Virtual Quilt Day - Sunday 5/20?

Will you join me for our Virtual Quilt Day - Sunday 5/20?

Last month we had a very successful virtual quilt day and I'd love to do it again. There are no rules! I will put a new post up on Sunday and you can just tell us your goals for the day in that post and then check in and update us through out the day. So will you be joining me? If so, now is a good time to get things prepared so you can have a very productive day of sewing!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

Sounds fun but we will be traveling back home.
    Sabrina
    Mommy to a 6 year old little girl, 3 dogs, 5 cats, and 2 fish. lol Life keeps me busy but when I have a moment, I love to sew
    http://ataleofamilitaryfamily.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/HugsLove

I will be there with bells on!! Have a lot to do and this will help me focus!! Will be getting the supplies together for the next 2 days!! Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

I don't even know what I will be working on!! I haven't done anything in a while, so I have to settle on a project, I am thinking my solids quilt needs a little attention.

Cheers!
    Rachel

Blog Entries
    i plan to be there! here! where-ever! lol. i think i will work on my sister's bc survival quilt, or a crazy dq for the swap. if i finish that tonight, it will be the bc quilt. this indecision is one of my worst obstacles to getting things done!! what time is the shindig? i'll bring coffee, who's bringing the donuts??
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Jim
    hopefully Sunday will be a marathon day...the yard gets my undivided attention on saturday
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    i plan to be there! here! where-ever! lol. i think i will work on my sister's bc survival quilt, or a crazy dq for the swap. if i finish that tonight, it will be the bc quilt. this indecision is one of my worst obstacles to getting things done!! what time is the shindig? i'll bring coffee, who's bringing the donuts??
    I will most likely have the post up at 5 AM EST. But you can feel free to get started or hop in whenever!! That's the fun thing about it, no rules. So if someone can only join us for a half day that's fine. We had about 45 people last time, so if you could mail each of us a donut, we'd appreciate it!! hehe

Cheers!
    Rachel

I'll be there - after church. I have a lap quilt that has to be finished for the choir dinner on Thurs. My goal is to finish quilting the last side on the border. By monday I want to have the bindin completed and sew the labels on no later than Tues or Wednesday.....
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

Blog Entries
    I will be joining in. I HAVE to get some projects started and a couple finished. We did yard work the last two weekends and I haven't sewn one thing. See you Sunday.
    Happy Quilting.

Blog Entries
    I would love to join in! I will be working on an applique/pieced quilt that is going to go on the couch.
    Brenda

Yes, I will join in. I am working on my first quilt. Hope thats ok, that I am a newbie!

Sounds like fun! Hubby is working early on Sunday so I get to sew! Need to start a baby quilt for my first nephew due in early Septmeber! Yay! I will get the last piece of fabric I need from the LQS and wash it tomorrow so I can start cutting and sewing on Sunday. Looking forward to it! Will be making cubes!
    Candi
    "Kindness is the oil that smooths the frictions in life"
    My etsy Store:
    www.itssewyoudear.etsy.com

I will join in. I have a queen size scrappy quilt that I want to get pinned in the next 2 days to practice my FMQ on. I also have a couple of smaller projects that need to be quilted. We'll see how much I get done.

I would love to join in but wont be able to dedicate the entire day to sewing. Have church in the morning and then we are having a family cookout for my daughter's birthday. But I will be able to do some handquilting after that. I will be checking in throughout the day though to see what everyone else is accomplishing.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I will join. Maybe it will make me focus and not get sidetracked.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

I'll go to early church so that I won't miss too much quilting time. You really inspired me last month. I finished the quilt I started that day about a week later. This time, I will be working on the "Tavern Blues" Civil War quilt. I will be putting blocks together. I am so thrilled that you started the virtual quilting. I have done so much quilting this past month, thanks to your inspiration.

Blog Entries
    I'll be here on Sunday for the virtual quilt-in. I'm quilting a quilt I made for my living room and I may be ready to bind by the end of Sunday.

I'll be here after I get back from church. My parents were here visiting the last week so I didn't get anything done! Sounds like fun.
    Heather

Last month's was so much fun! I have very little time on Sunday, as we have a big family dinner for my son's birthday. I will check in about evening to see how much was accomplished! Rachel, I finished the scrap quilt I worked on last time and the recipient was absolutely delighted with it! I'll post pic as soon as I figure out how! LOL

Linda in Missouri

Quote Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
    I will be there with bells on!! Have a lot to do and this will help me focus!! Will be getting the supplies together for the next 2 days!! Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
    Ditto! Be there or be square! Today I was getting my little project together & it's a good thing since I realized I needed more stuff to go with it. So I'll either ben getting that more stuff or finding a new project (probably the latter since I think I need to order fabric to go with project #1). I love these monthly sew ins... yay! C ya Sunday!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by Pennydrop321 View Post
    Yes, I will join in. I am working on my first quilt. Hope thats ok, that I am a newbie!
    That is more that OK... that's AWESOME! Last month was a blast so I'm glad you're able to join us this time around! And hey... we were all newbies at one time!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

I plan to be sewing on Sunday as I need a quilt fix. Had been working on quilts for my Guild's show which began today and I stressed my self out trying to make the quilts 'perfect'. So now I need to sew up some easy string blocks, that always is the best way for me to relax. May in Jersey

I might just join you guys too. I have a block of the month I am behind on and several other started projects. Can't sew all day though.

Blog Entries
    rachel--i think you miss quoted me-- i'm bringing the coffee, i thought you might want to do the donuts! i suppose i could mail the coffee, but i have trouble keeping the stamps on when the envelopes get soggy. i'll try again but the post office is being flooded with complaints.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    I'm in, though I won't be joining until after church. I will sandwiching - with boards as taught by Sharon Schamber - and starting to FMQ a red quilt that has been hanging around way too long. Here's the pic of the one I worked onAttachment 336335 last month. I didn't finish until after midnight so I didn't post then.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast