Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Will you join me for our Virtual Quilt Day - Sunday 5/20?

It is supposed to rain that day and my mom is visiting. I 'll have something for her and I to work on. I better get my flowers planted today.

Quote Originally Posted by athenagwis View Post
    Last month we had a very successful virtual quilt day and I'd love to do it again. There are no rules! I will put a new post up on Sunday and you can just tell us your goals for the day in that post and then check in and update us through out the day. So will you be joining me? If so, now is a good time to get things prepared so you can have a very productive day of sewing!!

Cheers!
    Rachel
    I'm in but gotta do "split shift". Early morning 1st then gone 5-6 hrs then back again. Last time got a great start on my scrappy log cabin blocks & the layout. Have since finished them all. This time will be putting the borders on a turning 20, sandwiching it and maybe start the quilting. I don't like leaving a WIP to start something else but the turning 20 is for a friend moving to China the middle of June so that's got priority over my personal scrappy log cabin for my camper. Just FYI tho I have started the quilting on my giant log cabin!;-)

Oh for sure will do this. Maybe can cross a few things off my Quilt Must Do Now list. Now where did I put that list?
    If you don't work on it you'll never finish it.

I'll be joining you. There a couple of UFOs that might get turned into a flimsy in a day. Looking forward to it. Now where did I put the camera?
    Vic Tori Ann Work Shop

I haven't done this before so I have a question. Are we suppose to post a pic of beginning and ending or what?

Quote Originally Posted by redmadder View Post
    I'll be joining you. There a couple of UFOs that might get turned into a flimsy in a day. Looking forward to it. Now where did I put the camera?

Quote Originally Posted by May in Jersey View Post
    I plan to be sewing on Sunday as I need a quilt fix. Had been working on quilts for my Guild's show which began today and I stressed my self out trying to make the quilts 'perfect'. So now I need to sew up some easy string blocks, that always is the best way for me to relax. May in Jersey
    Hey May I loved your little pillowcases for the quilt show. I got a couple of pictures and will post them tomorrow.

It was a great show.

I may be able to join you tomorrow morning. Dh is camping and ds wants to spend time with his gf.

Would you explain to me how this work.

Quote Originally Posted by candi View Post
    Sounds like fun! Hubby is working early on Sunday so I get to sew! Need to start a baby quilt for my first nephew due in early Septmeber! Yay! I will get the last piece of fabric I need from the LQS and wash it tomorrow so I can start cutting and sewing on Sunday. Looking forward to it! Will be making cubes!
    My DH has decided he needs to run by his office early, too, so I'm gonna sew like it's 1999... or something like that! Woo hoo! Be there or be square!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
    I haven't done this before so I have a question. Are we suppose to post a pic of beginning and ending or what?
    You can or you can just poke your head in & report in. It's just for fun... no stress! Yay! The perfect way to spend a hot, steamy Sunday!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Oh, this sounds like a great way to avoid the remodeling that I should be working on in the basement... Time to get back out the UFO for MIL's birthday in August... I'll be there, at least for part of the day.
    Shannon

Blog Entries
    i think pictures are always fun, don't you? totally optional, but fun. wouldn't you like to show off what you did?
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by Carole Vaden View Post
    You sew something you going. Or anything that you wanna do that's "quilty". You tell us about it. Here's the link from the last time to give you an idea --->
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...a-t185608.html
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

If there is donuts there, I am in 😃
    Actuay I have 3 quilt tops to get sandwiched. Some strips blocks to do if I wanted and to make some more fabric pots. My latest thing! So I will try to join you at least for part of the day! Thanks for the invite😄

As long as you don't mind me hanging out in my nightshirt and socks.....I'll be there. I'm thinking of cutting out a new lap quilt in shades of vivid green and turquoise. At least that's the plan. Might change up the color palette before I'm done though.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
    You can or you don't have to!! This is just a fun way to inspire you to make a list of what you want to accomplish, share it with us, then proceed to work through your list. Update us every so often to keep yourself liable, and have fun!! I look at it like an all day sew at a quilt store, you can work on anything you want, you have friends to cheer you on, but you can work in your PJs and you don't have to lug your sewing machine anywhere!! Pictures are optional, but of course we would love to see them if you have them!

Quote Originally Posted by Carole Vaden View Post
    Hiya!! i think my explanation above should help, and I will have more details in the actual post as well. let me know if you have any other questions!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPStitches View Post
    As long as you don't mind me hanging out in my nightshirt and socks.....I'll be there. I'm thinking of cutting out a new lap quilt in shades of vivid green and turquoise. At least that's the plan. Might change up the color palette before I'm done though.
    Of course!! that's the best part of a *virtual* sew day!! I will be in my PJs too. of course I also work from home, so I am in my PJs more than I am not nowadays!! hehe You quilt sounds lovely, I hope we'll get to see pics along the way!

Rachel

Sounds like an awesome way to get motivated!!

Blog Entries
    I'm in. I have a baby quilt that need to be finished by Saturday that I am in the process of marking to quilt. I am also 4 weeks behind on another project. I think I need to go to the store for thread to quilt the baby quilt. I think I will work on my paper pieced stars today. Can't wait to get started

I'm joining in I have some orphan blocks that I'm going to make a runner out of so wish me luck but I also have to be at work 12 - 4 so I will be gone for a while also I don't know how to bookmark either so I hope I find you all again
    Nancy "life is about choices may I choose the right one. But if I don't give me another chance"

Today, I am meeting a friend over at the quilt shop to do some quilting. I have three blocks to get made for a block swap and to finish up a little boy's quilt. I am also working on me a quilt if I get to it. My husband works today, so I should get a lot done. Have a Happy!

Blog Entries
    the Sew Day is continued in a new thread here http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...a-t189476.html
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2