Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Will you join me for our Virtual Quilt Day - Sunday 10/14?

Will you join me for our Virtual Quilt Day - Sunday 10/14?

The date it drawing near again!! This will probably be our last one until after the holidays, so will you join us? No rules!! Just post your goals in a new thread on Sunday and check in through out the day and let us know how it's going and cheer the rest of us on!! Easy Peasy. join anytime of the day!! I will post a new thread on Sunday at 5 AM EST. Be sure to be on the lookout for it.

I am planning on working on more examples for my patterns. I do have some quilts I should be working on, but I am just not feeling it right now. So what will you be working on?

Cheers!
    Rachel

Blog Entries
    I have plans to join! I will either finish my biscuit quilt or start a baby quilt for a co-worker. Project choice will depend on if I find the time to purchase the fabric for the baby quilt!!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I'm in!! I have some Christmas ornaments to complete as well as purses cut and ready to sew for gifts and a craft show...There are a few projects I would like to get made for my secret santa too...Oh..and a jelly roll I have been dying to get working with..Lots more to do than time, but I get SO much more done on these days than I normally would..It actually gets me motivated to work for a few day!!

Hmmm, a board member is asking for help making lap quilts for a nursing home. If I can find a quick and easy scrappy pattern I'll join in.
    If you choose the behavior, you accept the consequences...Dr. Phil

Blog Entries
    Count me in! I've got two queen size quilts ready and waiting to FMQ so we can use them this winter. We got our first snow last night... time to get these quilts done! They are both spray-basted and I'll get started with some stitch-in-the-ditch tomorrow and be ready to FMQ by Sunday. Now I just have to decide which one to start on.
    Wendy

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    We have a neighborhood picnic/grilling after 2:30 so I probably will not make it this time. Pooh. Maybe, if I wake up early enough; I am working on a community quilt for our guild at present and Mother is quilting some placemats.

Jan in VA, who had been looking forward to this one.
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Blog Entries
    I'm in! I have 21 charity quilts I need to embroider labels for, sew them on and then give everything a bath! See you then!
    Bernie

Hi there - I'd like to be in but your Sunday is my Monday and I will be working. I may have something small that I can finish off after work but even if I don't have time to sew, I will certainly be checking in to see what everyone else has accomplished.

I think this is a great idea to spread enthusiasm and motivate each other.

Happy sewing on Sunday everyone.

Blog Entries
    Hi Deecee! Welcome! I will be working on some embroidery snowflakes for a Christmas tree Elisabrat is taking to a nursing home. And while I am doing that, I may try to sandwich 2 quilts that are ready for the longarm. Also have another that needs the piano key border sewn on and sandwiched. I am sure there are more I can find.

Hi Grann - you sound as if you have plenty lined up to do.

Looking forward to it. I have several things cut out and ready to go
    Heather

I will try..... my DH will probably want help cutting wood for next year's woodpile. ... and I always help. But, if I can sneek in a little quilting time, I'll try to do that. I'm working on a cathedral window for my daughter's 25th wedding anniversary. Her 25th was last year but..... the quilt's not done. So, I need to get back to it. I got interrupted with a cabin remodel this summer and 2 quilts for my great nephew and neice.

The last time you all did this, I joined in but didn't post anything. I got the nephew's quilt nearly done that day. I should have said something but.... tomorrow!

I'll be there after early church. I'll be either working on a pin wheel quilt or quilting a jelly roll quilt on my sewing machine. I have so enjoyed the virtual quilting days and look forward to them next year.

Blog Entries
    I plan on joining in, however I never know who might drop in on a Sunday. I am still working on items for a couple of craft show. Need to get labels on everything and hem some receiving blankets and I still have 3 panels for crib quilts I would like to get finished before Nov. 9th.

Blog Entries
    I will be there!

- making BD presents for several people. fabric flowers made into pins. Will post pic's on 14th.
    -getting large quilt ready for quilting
    - making list of UFOs to finish and in what order
    - preparing Ocean Waves quilt for LAQ
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

need to finish QoV top and finsh 11 mug rugs and sew together santa wall hanging for secret santa gift. Guess I'm in!
    If you don't work on it you'll never finish it.

I'm in! I'll be working mostly on hand sewing binding while watching football. If the games aren't exciting, then I'll be at my machine...

Blog Entries
    I haven't joined in before, but this does sound fun and I have several tasks I will be working on this weekend. I have several baby quilt panels that need quilting. They are already pinned and ready to go. I also plan to cut strips for a Christmas tree skirt and sew them into strips for a wedge cutting gathering on Thursday. Look forward to seeing what we all work on and accomplish.
    Nancy
    Murphy1
    For our wonderful Golden Retriever adopted in March of 2010.

I don't think I am going to be able to join in this month. I think we are going to be cutting a tree down for my mom tomorrow. I am sewing today. I just laid out some D9P squares and getting ready to cut some fabric for a couple of other quilts.

I will check in on you tomorrow night to see what got accomplished.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I have 9 quilts to bind, so I will be here! I will be binding all day. See if I can make a dent in that pile at all or if I get burnt out right away.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

I'll be there. I am nearly done with a quilty pattern named 3rd weekend in October and just for kicks I want to finish it next weekend. I need to get several blocks done this weekend though if I am going to make it!

I'm in , thought I was going to be away this weekend but am staying at home. I always get so much done on these quilting days. Not sure what I am going to do yet, am making a small art quilt picture as a wedding present; need to applique blocks for 2nd twin quilt (finished the top on the other one last quilting day) and have to start a wall hanging for a friend's birthday on the 27th. Hopefully will decide by tomorrow morning. Thanks for organising this day Rachel, I need one for November though as I have 8 Christmas stockings to make! Pretty please

Yay!! So glad to see so many people joining us!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

Blog Entries
    I'll be there, but not at 5 AM...LOL
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

I am going to be joining tomorrow. Have a quilt I am just beginning to put together. Lots of strips and then pressing those strips. If I get bored with that one I have several others I can work on.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast