Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Will you join me for our Virtual Quilt Day - Sunday 10/14? >

Will you join me for our Virtual Quilt Day - Sunday 10/14?

Will you join me for our Virtual Quilt Day - Sunday 10/14?

Old 10-14-2012, 08:05 AM

I would love to, but I am afraid that I start out to do something and get sidetracked a million times before I finally get to it. If I make it to my sewing room I dare not leave or I might not get back. I will be anxious to see how you all do and best wishes.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:12 AM

Hi, I'm in. Today I plan on working on the Jelly Roll Race Quilt. Of course I am not racing with anyone but just sewing when I have a bit of time. I can't imagine how this is going to turn out. It will be a 'throw size' and I plan to hand quilt it (maybe).

Great quilting to all!
Old 10-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
Here is what I have done so far this morning. The snowflakes are going to Elisabrat for the Christmas tree she is putting up in a nursing home. There are 24 in all, some are on white sparkle organza with yellow/gold thread. The others are on gold sparkle organza with gold metallic thread. I can't believe how well they stitched, with no thread breakage problems. I think it is Madeira metallic, know it is NOT Sulky.[ATTACH=CONFIG]369593[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]369594[/ATTACH]
Oh my goodness! Your golden snowflakes are so beautiful! They will really "make" the Christmas tree!
Old 10-14-2012, 08:36 AM
Power Poster

This is a great idea! I am going out for a run and then I will settle into some FMQ. I have a baby quilt and a full size quilt all sandwiched and ready to by quilted. Will check back in later! I hope people will post some PHOTOS of what they are working on, and I will too. It's so inspiring to see other's work...
Old 10-14-2012, 08:45 AM

Hi everyone please check in on the official thread here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...a-t203151.html

We don't want anyone missed!

Rachel
Old 10-14-2012, 09:50 AM
DJ

This is fun. Hope to join you soon, as I have 3 WIP quilts. I hope to work on one or more of them today. I love the snowflakes. I'm also hoping to do my first experimental freestanding lace ornaments one of these days!
Old 10-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Power Poster

I am working on a quilt for my daughter from crudely cut pieces of material from a Hawaiian quilt store. I have the front completed and am working on piecing the back from the shirt her husband wore and her dress plus lots of those pieces I am having to recut and square up!
Old 10-14-2012, 01:53 PM

I spent the morning trying to get my password straight. Loaded a new security system, and it wiped out everything. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon, laying out a design with EQ7 for a quilt that has been running around in my head. Now that supper is over and the dishes done, I'm to the studio to work on my great-neice's quilt. She will be here in April.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:17 PM

Hi,count me in too. I have to make a quilt for my manager at work, I opened my big mouth an it got me in trouble again. she is getting married-second time around. I purchashed fabric and started cutting squares today. will work on more on Monday eve. Don't know when the wedding date will be - but have to be ready.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:11 PM

I am working on a customer quilt....one with lots of strip sets that have to be cut down and resewn.....so much tedious work. I have 5 of 18 quilt blocks done, then on to the sashing and setting triangles (all pieced).....have to get this one done so I can do a road trip to Chicago to see DD and her family!