Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Come Join Me for Virtual Quilt Day - Sunday 6/24 >

Come Join Me for Virtual Quilt Day - Sunday 6/24

Come Join Me for Virtual Quilt Day - Sunday 6/24

Old 06-20-2012, 03:36 AM

Default Come Join Me for Virtual Quilt Day - Sunday 6/24

Back by popular demand is our Virtual Quilt Day!! I started Virtual Quilt Day a few months ago because I have always wanted to do a sew in day at a quilt store, but for many reasons I have never done one. So I figured it would be just as much fun to have a sew-in day Virtually. This way we could all still chat and share our projects, but no one had to lug their sewing machines anywhere! It's the best of both worlds!!

As usual there are no rules. Sew whatever you would like, join us whenever you can that day, sew as long as you want. I will make a new official post on Sunday that you can post your goals for the day in and then you can check in through out the day to see how everyone else is doing and update us on your project. I will try and make the post by 5:00 AM EST so those in other time zones can join in early too.

For a bit of fun this time, when you post your goals in the post on Sunday, try and post a picture of your sewing area too. You do not have to do this to join in as I know not everyone can post pics, but I thought it might be fun for those of us that can to see where we are all working from!! And of course we love progress pics through out the day as well. I am still trying to figure out what I will be sewing, I think I will be working on my solids quilt, but that may change 5 times before Sunday anyway!!

So will you join me this Sunday for a Virtual Quilt Day?

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 06-20-2012, 03:42 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

what fun ! will put the on my calendar ! Hope to catch this happening !
Old 06-20-2012, 04:35 AM

I had a great time last time and would be delighted to join in once again! Now to choose the specific project.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:41 AM

I'd love to join you again, though my hours will be different. I will start at 1:00 pm and go until 1:00 am. I promise to be working on something different by then - maybe a Spicy Spiral runner.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:34 AM

I am so happy to have you with me ladies!! I am running through my list of in process projects to see what I want to work on. I am hoping to get much more down this time around than last time.

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 06-20-2012, 06:43 AM
Power Poster

If the weather cooperates I will join in I sew on my front porch - will post a pic on Sunday on the area I work in. It has been too hot here this week to be outside much though
Old 06-20-2012, 06:52 AM

Does it count if we start after we get home from church and finish lunch and the dishes?
Old 06-20-2012, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
Does it count if we start after we get home from church and finish lunch and the dishes?
Of course!! join in whenever you can/want No rules, just loads of fun, sharing, and sewing!!

Rachel
Old 06-20-2012, 08:15 AM

I'll be there in spirit. Have two high school graduation parties to go to. Will continue the hand quilting on the lap quilt I made during the last virtual quilt day, when I get home from the parties.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:26 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I'll be there come rain or shine. I'm starting a "French Braid" and have only cut out the pieces. I am pinning it this time. I never pin unless I have to but I want this to be perfect. I have no gumption to go back into my sewing room, so I will definitely be there. I need a push and this will be it. So, count me in. And thanks for the helpful nudge.