Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Come Join Me for Virtual Quilt Day - Sunday 6/24

Come Join Me for Virtual Quilt Day - Sunday 6/24

Back by popular demand is our Virtual Quilt Day!! I started Virtual Quilt Day a few months ago because I have always wanted to do a sew in day at a quilt store, but for many reasons I have never done one. So I figured it would be just as much fun to have a sew-in day Virtually. This way we could all still chat and share our projects, but no one had to lug their sewing machines anywhere! It's the best of both worlds!!

As usual there are no rules. Sew whatever you would like, join us whenever you can that day, sew as long as you want. I will make a new official post on Sunday that you can post your goals for the day in and then you can check in through out the day to see how everyone else is doing and update us on your project. I will try and make the post by 5:00 AM EST so those in other time zones can join in early too.

For a bit of fun this time, when you post your goals in the post on Sunday, try and post a picture of your sewing area too. You do not have to do this to join in as I know not everyone can post pics, but I thought it might be fun for those of us that can to see where we are all working from!! And of course we love progress pics through out the day as well. I am still trying to figure out what I will be sewing, I think I will be working on my solids quilt, but that may change 5 times before Sunday anyway!!

So will you join me this Sunday for a Virtual Quilt Day?

Cheers!
    Rachel

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries
    what fun ! will put the on my calendar ! Hope to catch this happening !
    Sometimes you just have to sit in a chair and jog in order to get anywhere.
    Ell

Blog Entries
    I had a great time last time and would be delighted to join in once again! Now to choose the specific project.
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    I'd love to join you again, though my hours will be different. I will start at 1:00 pm and go until 1:00 am. I promise to be working on something different by then - maybe a Spicy Spiral runner.

I am so happy to have you with me ladies!! I am running through my list of in process projects to see what I want to work on. I am hoping to get much more down this time around than last time.

Cheers!
    Rachel

Blog Entries
    If the weather cooperates I will join in I sew on my front porch - will post a pic on Sunday on the area I work in. It has been too hot here this week to be outside much though
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Does it count if we start after we get home from church and finish lunch and the dishes?

Quote Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
    Does it count if we start after we get home from church and finish lunch and the dishes?
    Of course!! join in whenever you can/want No rules, just loads of fun, sharing, and sewing!!

Rachel

I'll be there in spirit. Have two high school graduation parties to go to. Will continue the hand quilting on the lap quilt I made during the last virtual quilt day, when I get home from the parties.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I'll be there come rain or shine. I'm starting a "French Braid" and have only cut out the pieces. I am pinning it this time. I never pin unless I have to but I want this to be perfect. I have no gumption to go back into my sewing room, so I will definitely be there. I need a push and this will be it. So, count me in. And thanks for the helpful nudge.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Blog Entries
    Yes, I am planning to be there with ya. Of course, I have to finish up a few things first. Like two 4H projects. ugh. But, even if I dont get there till late Im sure Ill be there.

Blog Entries
    Ohhhhh... the area I work in... hmmm... will have to clean it up a bit, if I'm inviting people in.

We get home from church about noonish, so I should be able to start by about 1pm, PDST. Let's see, what shall I work on????

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
    I'll be there come rain or shine.
    Best part is, if it's raining you don't have to worry about going outside and anything getting wet!!

Rachel

See you there after church! I have a BOM from last year I want to work on.
    Heather

what I REALLY need to be sewing is linen 'undergarmets' for my recreation group - camping in 85F+ weather in polyester just doesn't work (last summer ... and it felt like the plastic was melting into my back!!!) ... but I'd rather be quilting!!!
    Liz / Calgary

sounds like fun! I'm actually able to sew this weekend, so I'll look forward to getting in on this on Sunday :-).

I am going to try to join you after church and lunch. See you then!!!!

Blog Entries
    I am there. I am working on the mystery quilt, a stained glass quilt, and last a 121/2 block of drunkard path block. I will be there from 1030am (gotta drop the DH off at work) plus the occassionally checking on the roommates kids since he is working nights. this sounds fantastically awesome to post.

This is the first attempt at the stained glass quilt. so will see how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
    That's when I'll start quilting. Although it was afternoon when I started during the previous Virtual Quilt Days, I really accomplished much, much more than I usually accomplish. I love the Virtual Quilt Day! Thanks for starting it, Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by franc36 View Post
    That's when I'll start quilting. Although it was afternoon when I started during the previous Virtual Quilt Days, I really accomplished much, much more than I usually accomplish. I love the Virtual Quilt Day! Thanks for starting it, Rachel.
    You're welcome!! It's so fun to see everyone come together once a month and it's really nice to know you have one day to look forward to getting as much sewing done as possible.

Cheers!
    Rachel

Asheville, Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs
    Blog Entries
    I'll be there. Lots of stuff to do.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

Thanks for the invite, I missed the last one, I was so disappointed! I will be here. Now, what to work on. If Big Girl is back (my Voyager17 is at the doctor) I will probably finish quilting the quilt on the frame. If not...hmmmm

I worked on my quilt top during the last quilt day, but never formally joined in or posted. I have the top almost finished but have the final border to add. I will be sewing with you all this Sunday and hopefully can show the finished top. If I am really lucky, my power cord and foot pedal for my new-to-me Brother XR-65 will get here and I can use it. If not, the old stand by has gotten me this far......

I couldn't make the last one, but I think I might be able to join you for this one. Had it been this past weekend ... I barely came out of my sewing room for air!!

if all goes as planned I'll be appliqueing a life size female silhouette on a quilt top.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Blog Entries
    I can't really join you, because when you are sewing and going to church and eating lunch I will be sleeping, sleeping, sleeping!!!!
    However I am sewing most of this weekend so will post some pics as I go along and pretend I'm there with you all.
    Can't wait to see what you all will be doing.
    Mrs B There is nothing that can't be improved with gold glitter

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast