Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Quilt Day - This Sunday July 15!

Blog Entries
    I had seen the pattern that goes with the fabric, but didn't have enough of certain of the fabs. I had the border fabric left from when I had made my DGSs boxer shorts when they were about 5 & 7 years old, oldest is now turning 21.

I am now ready to start on the quilting of the valentiney quilt on the long arm. That shouldn't take too long, as it too is a planned QFK quilt.

These virtual quilt days are fun, and we should plan to hold them monthly, so we can plan ahead. It makes me want to get competitive and see how much I can get done in a day.

Blog Entries
    Wow...love that Game quilt!!

Is it time to take a break yet?

I FINALLY got the last borders on a quilt top for my daughter and now need to finish cutting the pieces I need for my sister's Xs and Os quilt. I always follow along with you all, but never manage to get much done. This time I am determined to sew along too. I couldn't get a pic of the finished top, but here is one of it before the last borders, just imagine it having a 5" black border.

Vicki
    Name:  005.JPG
Views: 131
Size:  860.9 KB

Blog Entries
    Oh I wish I could join. I got so much done last time. I am doing laundry. Also I invited my parents and Uncle for dinner. GOing to celebrate my daughters birthday. It was last week but she was working. I am baking a whole chicken with mashed potatoes and carrots and gravy. I made a chocolate praline cake for dessert. I have to pick my parents up as they don't drive to my house any more, it is 30 minutes each way. I will also have to them home later. I might get to join you guys later tonight. Maybe I will hold my own quilt day tomorrow since I wil miss most of this one. Will check in later

I love dark borders around squares! Very pretty.

Blog Entries
    Wantaquilt, I love the simplicity of that quilt, and the black makes those blocks really pop! I have been wanting to do one of those, now I may actually get one done.

As far as break time. I have taken several. I have arthritis in my spine, and have to sit down every hour or so. I have the valentiney quilt about 3/4 quilted. I am just doing a simple meander on it. Will post a pic when I finish.

How about we all head over to dinner later. My birthday is Tuesday, so I should join you, and praline birthday cake sounds wonderful.

Blog Entries

Name:  Autumn Swirl 2012 003.JPG
Views: 238
Size:  566.6 KBGreetings! I GOT IT DONE!!! This quilt "Santa's Galore" is one I started designing for my SIL who collects Santas two years ago. So I was cleaning and found the pieces. I had to do some "design" changes because my cutting wasn't very accurate back then. So when I got the squares together I decided it needed something, so found the border fabric. Then it still needed something and I decided to do a braided border (which I had never done). Just have to put the tag on it and it will be ready to travel to MI when we go in a couple weeks. Can't wait to get it to her house instead of laying in mine. Now on to the next project.

It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

Blog Entries
    Oh, I love the Santas galore too! Well, I just finished quilting the Valentiney quilt. Will go downstairs to bind it and then will take a pic of it. Only one more UFO after this. May run out of day before I get that one done.

I have been experimenting with piecing a 5 point star block since about 6 AM. Just noticed that it is past noon.

Thank you Grann of 6. Simple is about all I know how to do so far. But, I am getting better at it. I am doing an Xs and Os with more batiks next and then a dresden plate with 30's reproduction fabrics. I have one that my Grandmother made with the real 1930's fabrics.
    Everose, your Santa quilt is so cute! Love your border. Maybe someday I will learn to do that. So far, piano key borders are about as special as I have tried.

Blog Entries
    god its noon here and im still going through emails and patterns haven't gotten started yet. but im heading in there with a cup of tea in about 30 mins. so wish me luck i hope to post something today lol

Blog Entries
    speaking of dresdan, does anyone know where i put that wedge ruler? honestly, things come into the house and then disappear! lol, i wonder if i will find it before i go out to buy a new one.
    i have 2 dq's to make today. they have been in my head long enough! then i have a needlecase to do, and 64 siggy blocks. i'll check back in!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    Well, my binding job just came to a screeching halt. Maybe I should rephrase that, my binding job just came to a whining halt. It seems there is thunder about 50 or so miles away, and my dogs are in a panic state. They don't go down the basement stairs, so I am forced to come up to keep them company. The Great Dane is halfway under the computer desk. The Rottie is close behind my chair panting like crazy. So I guess I will just sit here and admire everyone else's work till it is time to leave for dinner at DDIL's.

Blog Entries
    Oh, Nancia, I thought I saw your wedge ruler under the whatchamacallit, right next to the thingamajiggie.

Blog Entries
    Well, I snuck back down and finished the quilt. It is a jelly roll quilt, but I like the strips cut in half. It is kid sized. Name:  P1010404(1).JPG
Views: 152
Size:  231.5 KBName:  P1010403(1).JPG
Views: 161
Size:  211.8 KB

More than halfway done with the blocks for GD quilt..got sidetracked by DD needing help with her online Government class..Back to piecing while I listen to the rain come down and the wind blow...I realize that some of you are suffering from a drought, but every time I hear the thunder, I think we will have to get) the canoe out to move about the yard! (we actually did so last year). Wish I could send you some of this rain...After tropical storm Debby, not sure how much more water the ground can hold out here in the swamp where I live

Blog Entries
    Well so far I have gotten half of my blocks squared up, got bored with that so I decided to start putting the blocks (that I have done) together so now I have 1 1/2 rows done. This is taking longer than I expected but I am trying to do it carefully. Will post what I have accomplished in a little while.

Blog Entries
    well i got stuck i picked out my pattern went to get the fabric and things out to get started and the pattern i have doesn't tell me the required amount of fabric i need to make the block or the quilt. oooooh im ready to pull my hair out. anyone have the pattern for garden fence with this information. i emailed the person involved but im not sure when i will hear back from her. and i really need something basic like this as i really don't know what im doing. thanks

Blog Entries
    I finally got home and took a picture of what I am finishing. My daughter made the x-stitch for her sister and I 'framed' it and quilted it. Just need to hand stitch the binding. Then on to a qayg using applique leaves and filler pieced blocks. It will be for our queen bed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Judith

Blog Entries
    Nancia, did you find the wedge ruler? I could lend you mine. I had to start a different project because I lost the backing fabric for my animal I spy quilt. Am sure I'll find it, just don't know when. Oh well, another UFO is being sandwiched and then we'll go from there.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

Blog Entries
    i love the pattern, anythings with leaves just love it. would you mind sharing or at least directing me in the right direction to get it. thanks rachelle

Blog Entries
    Continue on ladies. I have to leave here in a few minutes to go to my dinner at DDILs. I don't imagine there will be much time tonight to start anything else. I still have one quilttop that needs to be backed and quilted. I have to lay out the backing and see if it needs to be pieced. I may be able to do that tonight. Now that I am on a roll, I would like to get the last UFO finished.

Jtquilts, I like your cross-stitch, and the maple leafs. I do counted cross stitich on my embroidery machine.

Have fun everyone, I'll check in later.

Blog Entries
    Here is what I have accomplished so far - it is 2 rows of a queen size quilt for my DD.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I love the graphic look of your brown and yellow quilt! Everyone's projects are wonderful! I love the feeling of accomplishment when I make progress and I love how your projects cause me to add to my list of things I would love to do!

Huntersgramie, I bought the leaves already cut out in a baggie at a quilt show many years ago. It took a long time to applique them to muslin and then they were stored in a box for several more years. About 6 months ago I started this project and my DH said they belonged on our bed so that is where they will go! Sorry about no leaf pattern.
    Last edited by jtquilts; 07-15-2012 at 01:24 PM.
    Judith

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast