Thread: Unappreciated
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 08:09 PM
captlynhall

I know how it must hurt to spend your time, money and effort to make something by hand, then have the recipient not appreciate it. I guess we have to realize that every one does not have our same taste, or sentiments and when it comes to home decor, our gift just may not fit in. Someone who likes minimalist ultra modern decor would most like not find most quilts to their liking, at least not to display. I love crochet out of the very small thread like my grandmother used to make doilies or table scarves, but I do not like crochet or knitting out of that thick wooly looking yarn. Don't like knitted caps or sweaters either. Too hot down here to wear such things, so that could be why. My friend knitted some items for her grand kids for Christmas and she was hurt when they didn't jump up and down when they opened their packages, but I'm afraid I may have felt the same way. That stuff is just not my style. I hope that all the quilts I make for my son's, DIL's and grand kids are appreciated, but if they aren't I will just have to make sure they are the last gifts those ungrateful little snits every get.