View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 06:23 AM
bearisgray
Power Poster

Originally Posted by rush88888 View Post
walmart, joann and hobby lobby carries fabric that is inferior to that of lqs. i would rather pay for quality so that my quilts might last 50 years or more. you get what you pay for. i only purchase from my 2 lqs. we can always say that it is too bad that a lqs closed; but, quilters help to keep them in business, and if those quilters prefer to purchase lower quality fabrics from the big box stores, lqs might close.
raedar63 and Dawn Furlong responded well to this one

My two cents worth:

If a person can't afford LQS prices and doesn't/wouldn't go in there anyway - the LQS has lost nothing if the person buys elsewhere.

As far as 'quality' goes - A quilt that is 'used hard' will wear out faster than one that is an 'heirloom' and tucked away somewhere - properly stored.

Sort of 'why do the jeans I wear every day wear out sooner than the ones that I outgrew eight years ago?'

I prefer some of my 'no-name' and/or VIP/Marcus Brothers/Springs fabrics to some of the Alexander Henry/Kaufman/Hoffman/Benartex fabrics that I have. (Have never had Liberty of London fabric, so don't know what that's like)

Some of us are very happy that WalMart has fabric back. For those that don't want or need to go there - stop raining on our parade!!!

Actually, I think the original post had to do with a WalMart associate not being particularly cheery that day.

As far as that goes, I've been in a couple of LQS where I am sure I became invisible as soon as I entered the shop.

Last edited by bearisgray; 07-27-2012 at 06:30 AM.