View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 08:22 AM
TexasGurl

Originally Posted by JNCT14 View Post
I don't know about everyone else but I am getting very disappointed in JoAnn's quality and I talked to another quilter at our local AG Fair yesterday and she said the same. Things like the Roc Lon muslin backing, which used to be pretty nice, is now very thin and has a lot of imperfections in it. I use Warm and Natural batting but I looked at the Pellon batt - what a waste! It was uneven, a LOT of thin spots, etc. AND it was $10/yard!!! Also they only have the same old fabrics every time from Keepsake - they don't seem to vary the collections. Prices on Warm and Natural have gone through the roof although that may not be JoAnn's fault but the rest is getting worse. I love to handle fabric before i buy it which is why I limit my buying on line, and the JoAnn coupons are good, but I am reconsidering. Also its funny that when they provide their coupons for 40 or 50% percent off, regular priced items only, you can NEVER find anything in the quilting department that isn't on sale so you can't use the coupons!!!!
Couldn't agree with you more ... I go there less and less. Our store might as well be a Michael's ... it's a newer "super" store but just the same old fabric and books, no better selection & seldom has anything new for quilting. 75% of the store is crafts and seasonal junk !

Last edited by TexasGurl; 08-07-2012 at 08:26 AM.