Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: who went to Joanns today?

Blog Entries

who went to Joanns today?

I went to Joanns today and bought my 1st pair of Gingher scissors today around $5.00. Plus a yard of fleece and a yard and a half of border fabric. What did you buy?
    Sewflower

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Sounds Like you found a deal. I know a lot of quilters who went today. I didn't and wish I had.
    But I am also in the process of cleaning out my sewing room again, and until I see what's hiding in there.....I am trying to behave. LOL.
    Glad you got to go. I am willing to bet those who didn't wish they had.
    Some of my friends were buying by the bolt too.
    And buttons and threads.
    I need more Ginghers. Hmmmmmmmmm...see I wish I had gone now.
    "Keep Smiling, Keep shining..knowing you can always count on me....for sure.
    That what friends are for...

Was thinking about it, and then thought that I really don't need anything.. I Like my Ginghers, and I have a spare if mine need sharpening.. I also have a 3".. I'm glad I didn't go.. I have to get in control.

I work there so yes I went :-) saving for something else right now but the ghinger sale was awesome... Ends today

I went yesterday and bought a pair of smaller Ginghers too! Found a whole bunch of Kona remnants as well. Didn't buy any cut yardage though, which for me is good! I don't "need" anything in particular right now.

I went because quilting notions were 50% off and I had an additional 25% off coupon, so I bought some rulers, and stencils, and a ruler hanger and spent about $16.00 - I'm pretty happy with that!

Oh I am trying to behave myself and use up some of what I have. I have been working on cleaning my sewing room out some and getting more organized, but gave my friend a gift card yesterday. Maybe she went

I was there working to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitizingqueen View Post
    I work there so yes I went :-) saving for something else right now but the ghinger sale was awesome... Ends today

I went yesterday!! bought more than I needed but who can resist 25% off everything!!

I went today and bought some canvas and batting to make my large rectangular ironing board cover. Lowes is right across the street so I got some plywood and had them cut it there.
    I am ironing fabric tonight. Whoopee
    Beth in Maryland

Blog Entries
    Won't be going until Wednesday. I've got a short list of needed items so I'm hoping I can stick to the list!
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

I resisted. Barely. I love to hear about others' scores though! I am kind of irritated I didn't wait to buy my June tailor ruler though. 62% off would have been much better than the 40% off coupon I used.

I went on Friday. Fat quarters were on sale for $0.99, but with the 25% coupon, it brought them down to $0.75 each. I bought more than a few!

I went yesterday, saved more than I spent so I was happy.
    Sabrina
    Mommy to a 6 year old little girl, 3 dogs, 5 cats, and 2 fish. lol Life keeps me busy but when I have a moment, I love to sew
    http://ataleofamilitaryfamily.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/HugsLove

I went Fri. with my 25% off coupon, and used a tank of oxygen. I spent $54.00 and saved $68!

Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters
    Blog Entries
    Yesterday, 10 FQ over and above the fabric I went to buy to fix baby quilt.
    From the artist formerly known as Missus Fear...Hi, my name is Tracy and I am a hobbyaholic.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/m...ear-79671.html

Today was a sales tax holiday in Missouri, so we went back to school shopping for our youngest. I haven't been in my sewing room for over a month but I didn't need anything the last time I was in there so I'm guessing that I probably still don't need anything. I did stop in a large Joann's to kill time a week or so ago and debated with myself over a circle cut ruler--the frugal self won--LOL. I have resisted all the coupons for several months now. Until my quilting mo-jo comes back--I don't feel the need to buy more quilter's crack--LOL. I have a baby quilt on the frame now--been there for over a month, a new grandbaby due in a month that will need a quilt and I promised a quilt to replace a lost one to our oldest (10 y.o.) granddaughter.
    Beverly

I bought scissors (at 50% off plus the additional 25% savings) and 5 yards of quality quilting fabric for 30% off plus the 25% off - spent $26.00 - can't beat that!!!
    Busy in Ohio

i went over the weekend when they had the 25% off everything
    KnitnNan

I stocked up on the pre-packaged batting. It was 50% off and then the 25% coupon made it a good price.
    Jean in MI

Blog Entries
    sadly, I don't have a JA near me. I love hearing about all your deals, though.
    Cheryl, hiding away in my quilting studio

I bought a bunch of thread as I'm about to start the Latte quilt and need MANY spools, then did pick up 16 FQ's for a new pattern I just got,too! Can't beat the sale prices plus the 25%!!!!

I couldn't go which was maybe a good thing as i have my eye on the Moda Vintage Modern line that i will be getting over the next few months/ weeks/days. But there is a McCalls pattern that i'm waiting to get. Joanns didnt have it the last time they were on sale.
    A time to tear, And a time to sew;
    A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;

I went and bought lace for the christening dress and bonnet I am making for my first Great Granddaughter who will arrive sometime in late Oct. It's a 45 min. trip, I got half way there and realized I had left my coupons at home. What a bummer. Lace was all I bought, oh, and a quilting magazine.

Tempted but didn't go ... too much in my sewing room to work on already !!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast