Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Went to JoAnns

There are 3 JoAnns in Spokane which I usually hit 2 of. The other 1 is out where I don't get around much (South Hill for those who know Spokane). I was near that 1 yesterday and had the best time in there. I will now go out of my way to go to that JoAnns. They were all so helpful, friendly and fun. I went in to get the Bargello Quilts Book and ended up with all kinds of goodies. I love JoAnns.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's always so nice when you find a place with good help. Glad to hear you had a great experience.

JJs
    Banned
    I have that book also but so far haven't done anything with it... you go first LOL

Blog Entries
    Awesome!!! Love your purchases too :D:D:D

Quote Originally Posted by JJs
    I have that book also but so far haven't done anything with it... you go first LOL
    Might just do that. I had lots ahead of it but I think I'll move that 1 on top of my to do pile. :shock: :D

Love the dog fabic. I'll have to look for that one!!

I grew up within an hour of Spokane. Then I moved there, and lived...on the South Hill...when I worked for KHQ. I wasn't into quilting then. But, now when I visit once a year, I definitely hit the shops with my quilting girlfriend. I was sorry to hear that Log Cabin Dry Goods was closing, as I'd gotten some good deals there. I love the Joanns at Five Mile!

I am hoping to hit Joanns tomorrow. I have to drive 45 miles, but sometimes you have to just do it. Great looking box! Is it a storage box?

Blog Entries
    Yesterday, I too had a good experience at Joanns. The lady who cut my yard goods also sewed so she helped me thru the sewing machine needle choices. Went with Schmetz's and got their sharps. Only one bad thing, I asked where the stitch rippers were located and 2 teens, who worked there, assured me that they were with the notions. SO NOT TRUE!!! The ones I was looking for were with the quilting tools.

What great finds. I'm glad you had fun.

They do have good sales. I'm waiting for another 50% off sale!

Quote Originally Posted by oldswimmer
    I am hoping to hit Joanns tomorrow. I have to drive 45 miles, but sometimes you have to just do it. Great looking box! Is it a storage box?
    I hope you have as good of experience at your JoAnns as I did yesterday. I haven't really had to bad of experiences at any of the JoAnns in Spokane but yesterday I guess everyone was just in an exeptional mood. I guess you don't find that much this time of year.
    Yes that is a storage box. I was going to put patterns in it which I still may but right now I am cleaning my sewing room so I just put alot of whatever in it. Maybe your JoAnns
    will have them. I wish I had gotten more. I"m an hour away from town though. I hope next time I go they will have some.

Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    Love the dog fabic. I'll have to look for that one!!
    1 of these days when I get my sewing room cleaned up I will take a picture of my dog fabric stash. I wouldn't be able to lay it all out (that would take a month) but I can show what its in.
    It is fun to collect. You don't find it everyday. Most people carry cat stuff but no doggie. It makes the search a little more challenging but fun.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelwoman
    I grew up within an hour of Spokane. Then I moved there, and lived...on the South Hill...when I worked for KHQ. I wasn't into quilting then. But, now when I visit once a year, I definitely hit the shops with my quilting girlfriend. I was sorry to hear that Log Cabin Dry Goods was closing, as I'd gotten some good deals there. I love the Joanns at Five Mile!
    You say you grew up an hour from Spokane. Thats about how far it is for me. Ritzville. Yes Log Cabin Closing is a shame.
    I was there for the final day. Saying good bye to Pam Clarke was sure sad.
    The Joanns I normally go to is the Five Mile. The Valley 1 on Pines is moving out by the mall. I have to find out when the first day is. Sometime next month. Maybe you should make plans for a trip up with your quilty friend for the event. :thumbup: I can't wait.

So glad you had a good experience! I usually have no problems at the one near my home and hubby just loves finding goodies in the clearance section.
    In Rochester, NY visiting DS for his bday. Brought my coupons and will just happen to hit Joanns when shopping for the ingredients for his traditional bday lasagna dinner. It is a super store with oodles of things to choose from. Will probably use my coupon on a book...unless they are on sale. lol

Quote Originally Posted by nursie76
    So glad you had a good experience! I usually have no problems at the one near my home and hubby just loves finding goodies in the clearance section.
    In Rochester, NY visiting DS for his bday. Brought my coupons and will just happen to hit Joanns when shopping for the ingredients for his traditional bday lasagna dinner. It is a super store with oodles of things to choose from. Will probably use my coupon on a book...unless they are on sale. lol
    I love their sales. The Bargello Quilts Book was 40% off.
    I just wished I lived closer to town. Well on the other hand I guess it could be a bad thing if I lived closer. Well I guess they would have to employ me. I would owe them on pay day.

:mrgreen:

I just wished I lived closer to town. Well on the other hand I guess it could be a bad thing if I lived closer. Well I guess they would have to employ me. I would owe them on pay day.

I know exactly what you mean! I'm right there with you.
    :lol:

Blog Entries

I'd work there if they ever got in new purple fabrics. :) I already have most of them and want some new ones NOW! :P

Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts

I'd work there if they ever got in new purple fabrics. :) I already have most of them and want some new ones NOW! :P
    You know greens go quite well with purples. :mrgreen:

:thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dglvr
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts

You know greens go quite well with purples. :mrgreen:
    They also don't have many new greens either! Yes they do play nicely.

I've been collecting dog fabric but did not find that one at our JoAnn's store. I only looked with Debbie Mumm fabrics and their novelty prints. Was that one with their Valentine collection or where? Love it and need 1/2 yd, please!

Washington State summer, Sun City AZ winter
    When I travel over to Spokane I usually go to the five mile store. I'm glad the pines store is moving as I thought that store was messy. Never been to the south hill one so will have to go there next summer when I go visit relatives. I was born and lived in Spokane til I was 12 then my parents moved us to Everett. Many relatives still there and a piece of my heart will always be there.

Quote Originally Posted by illinois
    I've been collecting dog fabric but did not find that one at our JoAnn's store. I only looked with Debbie Mumm fabrics and their novelty prints. Was that one with their Valentine collection or where? Love it and need 1/2 yd, please!
    It was on a round display by the cutting table. Next time your there ask them where the Valentine novelty prints are. There were about 10 bolts with it. There is also a Snoopy Valentine print too. Good luck. Let me know if you find it or not. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Linda - K.
    When I travel over to Spokane I usually go to the five mile store. I'm glad the pines store is moving as I thought that store was messy. Never been to the south hill one so will have to go there next summer when I go visit relatives. I was born and lived in Spokane til I was 12 then my parents moved us to Everett. Many relatives still there and a piece of my heart will always be there.
    I am the other way around. I grew up in Renton then moved to Spokane. I love it over here but I do miss the rain every once in awhile in the summer. When you drive to Spokane stop in Ritzville. We have a quilt store here too. :thumbup:
    I didn't like that Pines store either. I would drive from Ritzville
    to there and they wouldn't let me use the poddy. They sent me next door to the restuarant. Last time I was there the lady wasn't very pleasant so hopefully at the new store there will be new attitudes. You'll have to take a run up the South Hill store.
    Its an older store but great people. :thumbup:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast