Went to JoAnns

Old 01-23-2010, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by dglvr
Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Originally Posted by nursie76
I love their sales. The Bargello Quilts Book was 40% off.
I just wished I lived closer to town. Well on the other hand I guess it could be a bad thing if I lived closer. Well I guess they would have to employ me. I would owe them on pay day.

:mrgreen:
I know exactly what you mean! I'm right there with you.
:lol:
I'd work there if they ever got in new purple fabrics. :) I already have most of them and want some new ones NOW! :P
You know greens go quite well with purples. :mrgreen:
They also don't have many new greens either! Yes they do play nicely.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:07 AM

I've been collecting dog fabric but did not find that one at our JoAnn's store. I only looked with Debbie Mumm fabrics and their novelty prints. Was that one with their Valentine collection or where? Love it and need 1/2 yd, please!
Old 01-23-2010, 09:30 AM

When I travel over to Spokane I usually go to the five mile store. I'm glad the pines store is moving as I thought that store was messy. Never been to the south hill one so will have to go there next summer when I go visit relatives. I was born and lived in Spokane til I was 12 then my parents moved us to Everett. Many relatives still there and a piece of my heart will always be there.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by illinois
I've been collecting dog fabric but did not find that one at our JoAnn's store. I only looked with Debbie Mumm fabrics and their novelty prints. Was that one with their Valentine collection or where? Love it and need 1/2 yd, please!
It was on a round display by the cutting table. Next time your there ask them where the Valentine novelty prints are. There were about 10 bolts with it. There is also a Snoopy Valentine print too. Good luck. Let me know if you find it or not. :-D
Old 01-23-2010, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Linda - K.
When I travel over to Spokane I usually go to the five mile store. I'm glad the pines store is moving as I thought that store was messy. Never been to the south hill one so will have to go there next summer when I go visit relatives. I was born and lived in Spokane til I was 12 then my parents moved us to Everett. Many relatives still there and a piece of my heart will always be there.
I am the other way around. I grew up in Renton then moved to Spokane. I love it over here but I do miss the rain every once in awhile in the summer. When you drive to Spokane stop in Ritzville. We have a quilt store here too. :thumbup:
I didn't like that Pines store either. I would drive from Ritzville
to there and they wouldn't let me use the poddy. They sent me next door to the restuarant. Last time I was there the lady wasn't very pleasant so hopefully at the new store there will be new attitudes. You'll have to take a run up the South Hill store.
Its an older store but great people. :thumbup:
Old 01-23-2010, 10:08 AM

I really like our Joann's, too, went to it for the first time last week. It was great! People were really nice and that have a lot of great stuff.

I have that Bargello book, too, I bought it last week while at Joann's. :D
Old 01-23-2010, 10:31 AM

dglvr, I went to the Ritzville store one time on a return trip from Spokane. It was the first time I'd gone further than the Pancake house off I-90 and it's a cute town. I did buy a couple items in there but had to have the credit card company take a double charge off my bill. Somehow they billed me twice for my purchase.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Eddie
I really like our Joann's, too, went to it for the first time last week. It was great! People were really nice and that have a lot of great stuff.

I have that Bargello book, too, I bought it last week while at Joann's. :D
So which pattern in that Bargello Quilts Book are you going to do? I haven't decided. Others have posted their Bargello's lately and I like them all. They gave me the incentive to try one.
There are so many great designs. Decisions decisions :shock:
Old 01-23-2010, 10:36 AM

I like a lot of patterns in that, but I also bought another bargello book called "Twist-and-Turn Bargello Quilts" by Eileen Wright and I'm making my first bargello quilt out of it. The pattern in it is called Surf Song. I've got all the strips pieced and cut and am now sewing the top together. It's fun!
Old 01-23-2010, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Eddie
I like a lot of patterns in that, but I also bought another bargello book called "Twist-and-Turn Bargello Quilts" by Eileen Wright and I'm making my first bargello quilt out of it. The pattern in it is called Surf Song. I've got all the strips pieced and cut and am now sewing the top together. It's fun!
I'll be waiting to see the pictures of it. I bet its beautifal. :thumbup: