Old 11-17-2012, 12:38 PM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

This just happened to me but I never received a DVD. I kept receiving a bill. They finally called me!! I told them I never received a DVD from them and that they better have something proving that I ordered that DVD. They said they would not bother me any more. I received a calendar last year and I thought it was for signing up for a quilting magazine, but a couple of months later they sent me a "late" bill. I couldn't find the calendar to mail it back. They called me and I told them I thought it was for free and didn't even know where it was. First they tried to get my debit card number to pay for it and I said I wouldn't pay for it because I never ordered it and they better have proof that I ordered it. They said they wouldn't charge me and I never heard from them again.

What a load of crap that these companies are doing now days. I think I should just buy the magazine off the shelf at the grocery store so they don't have my address and try to pull their "stunts" on me. And, I guess I should read the small print. Apparently I didn't have to pay for them, because they backed down immediately. And we are their customers and they treat us this way??? I get Fons and Porter, along with a few others. It sounds like it's Fons and Porter doing this. I don't think I will subscribe again. Too bad, I really enjoy their magazine, just not their ethics!