View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 08:29 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I brought this up a year ago. But I've changed my mind since acquiring so much. I have a $10,000 sewing machine plus 2 others that I want my husband to sell. I gave one to my daughter and she still isn't sewing, so I don't want to throw my quilting supplies at her. I want the owner of my LQS, a very good friend, to come to my house and go through my quilting things and have a sale. I have thousands of dollars of fabrics plus hundreds of dollars of rulers and gadgets. I want the money to go back to my husband. My sister died and I gave her daughter her Bernina sewing machine and her quilt blocks that just needed to be sewed together (some were hand embroidered, beautifully) and they are all sitting in her garage since 2003. I should have sold the machine and gave her husband the money and I should have kept the blocks. I would have made quilts out of them. I am so sad to see them just sitting in boxes. I have went and visited her and asked if we could go through the boxes and I could show her her mom's work, but she wasn't interested at all. I want to ask for them. She crochets. She has no interest in quilting whatsoever. She wants to sell the machine and collect the money. Her mom scrimped and saved for that machine. I feel sick about it.