Thread: Thread issues?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 06:29 PM
margecam52

Thread on a spool from Coats is usually identical when you buy from Walmart, than when you buy for Joann's...there is no difference. This from experience...Coats has no "low end" threads...it's all the same.

I'm thinking you may want to look at how the thread feeds off the spool..it should feed off the back of the spool on the pin (spool spins counter clockwise)...it's easy to get it on feeding clockwise.

I still think it's a matter of keeping the bobbin area clean...probably getting batting fuzz in there...check the tensions...rethread both top and bobbin.
And for freemotiong (darning foot attached)...make sure to lower the hopping/presser foot....I've forgotten more times than I care to count!

Originally Posted by mona202 View Post
I will try the oiling of the bobbin and now that I think of it, it was when I changed thread I had to buy at Wal Mart because I ran out and the fabric shop is not nearby. Wouldn't Coats and Clark be the same no matter where I bought it? I wonder if they do different qualities depending on where it is sold and at what price point? Thanks for all the advice. I will try it all and see if I can figure out what is happening. I will also try to rethread the top thread and see if indeed there is something impeding it from feeding properly into the machine. Weird that this would happen half way through. Well not even small quilts are without their issues I guess. I sure am learning alot though as a semi-new quilter. Thanks everyone!