View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 10:50 PM
nancia

samantha was the 1st 18" doll i met. i had never heard of the ag dolls, but fell in love immediately! my parents waited til my dd was 6 before they would give her one. when it arrived i unpacked it, and every night i stayed up and made all of molly's outfits--except the rain coat. couldn't find the toggles or the boots. now you can get boots and props at w/m and target. springfield moved in on a very ripe market. we/i have 2 ag dolls and the rest are all other brands. my first boy came from target, one of "my generation. now there are sites on line with directions for making a boy out of a girl. last year i was in pottery barn kids, and found henry, but no extra outfits. i asked for him for the holidays but figured it was a lost cause, lol. so i bought myself one. ho ho ho, i rec'd ford! i had to confess since i couldn't return either one, but dh thot it was funny,lol. i now have about 12, and one in my car trunk waiting to be unpacked, shhh, don't tell! tee hee! i was doing a swap and bought olivia (the doll) for my swap partner's little girl. the swap was postponed several times, so each time i made more clothes while i waited. then i found out she has a sister, so i bought abbie and made her clothes, and discovered you can cut out 3 of the pattern at the same time. looks like i put myself back into the doll business! i'm looking for a carrycase wardrobe for my 7yr old dgd, olivia. yes, i have 2 dgds named the same! can't wait for the 2yr old to want the dolls!
for the holidays i found a cookie set and a baking set, scaled to the dolls, SO... the older olivia will get those and matching aprons for doll, daughter and mother. the mom will have to learn to bake!!! muah ha ha!!